Lead Time on Marvins Post-Polar-Vortex?

sahmmy_gwApril 18, 2014

I have placed an order for Marvin Ultimate Clad windows. I am very excited to finally get rid of the 25-year-old single-pane rotted-frame windows. This past winter's polar vortex situation was horrible. I had minus-20 outside and horrible drafts and thick ice dams inside my windows. So I am impatient for the new Marvins. I don't know why, but I expected a lead time of 3 weeks for the windows to get here. My contractor said this winter was so bad that everyone is like me and replacing windows. Resulting in backlog. I am curious, what is this forum's current experience as to lead times?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

What lead time were you told? When I sold them this time of year was always 4 to 6 and closer to 6 on larger orders

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 7:37PM
eastbay10

Current quoted lead times are 5- 7 weeks for standard and special items. There are exceptions but I don't know the specifics of your project.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 8:25PM
sahmmy_gw

Sorry, I should have said in my OP. Contractor told me 5-6 weeks. It's only 3 windows, though they are tall, but I thought no big deal for 3 windows it won't be a long time to get here. Was wishful thinking I guess. I am glad to hear that's within normal range.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 9:19AM
More Discussions
Need to keep sun out of old Anderson bay window
This may well be the wrong place and I apologize. ...
quimoi
French Door Advice (looking for affordable alternative)
We are looking to replace a sliding door with a french...
state00
Deciding between Marvin, Pella, Anderson, and Lincoln
We are adding a small addition to our home, and at...
juddgirl2
Pros please help differentiate between two window manufacturers...
Hello, we are the midst of a new construction build...
rebph
need window advice about a retro fit window in new opening thats finis
can i put a retro fit in a new window opening if i...
abatt64
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™