Window NOT centered on wall!!

NeushanApril 25, 2012

Because of the 3 doors in our master bedroom we only have one wall to put our king bed. Only problem is the window on the wall is NOT centered and the bed must be centered due to the size of the room. Also, the walls are tall (11 feet!) What can you recommend? Click on link to see diagram of the room. (I haven't figured out how to post pics on this forum!!).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77627754@N07/6967552898/

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: My bedroom diagram

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HomeSealed

As you've said, it looks like you don't have many options unless you want to move the window or a door. I guess I'm not sure of the type of advice that you are looking for?

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 4:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carpecattus

A favorite trick of interior designers is to camouflage awkward windows with curtains that are much taller or wider than the windows. In your situation I would run a curtain rod the entire width of the wall and install floor to ceiling curtains. Pull your bed and nightstands a little bit away from the wall to allow the curtains to be easily drawn to one side when you want to let light in - when the curtains are pulled to one side it can give the illusion that the window goes all the way across the wall.

Bookmark   April 25, 2012 at 7:02PM
More Discussions
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Window Decision Time
Hi all, First, let me thank all of you for the information...
Chris
Replace or Repair?
We are about to purchase a home outside Columbus, OH...
jackrh97
Is this too much to pay?
My mom has two sets of French doors she needs to have...
joaniben
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™