down up blinds.........................

eaglemom100April 29, 2010

I am having all new windows put in the house next week. Yea! Anyway, in the study and master bath I will have 2 picture windows - 36 x 72 each. My question is has anyone used the down up blinds? And maybe that's not the correct name - the kind of blinds where you can open / close from the top or bottom. Second question - has anyone ordered blinds on line? Good or bad experiences?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
windowinsider

Bottom up blinds would be blinds that are housed at top of window when closed. Are these blinds to be integrated within in the window or installed to be set in front of the window?

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 10:52AM
eaglemom100

In front of the window. The window guys are installing now. OMGoodness - I'm in love with my decisions. Love the picture windows - light is fantastic. My new rule - go with my gut decision and almost always I'll love the outcome.

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 3:46PM
zookeeper93

Found your thread late so I hope this is of some use.
Top down, bottom up blinds:
We put these blinds in my mother-in-laws house and they are FABULOUS. Her issue was light needing to come in, yet be able to shade her two pianos, and some privacy.
The disappear to almost nothing (compared to my 2" wood blinds).
We ordered hers through a company called Three Day Blinds, but I dont think they are around anymore.
I am going to put them in my dining room (now a piano/music room) and master bath, and a bath at my folks house. I have gone into a store to see the colors/fabric first hand and the internet prices (where I have bought wallpaper) are less expensive. I will likely order from there.

Bookmark   May 21, 2010 at 5:48AM
More Discussions
wood window restoring in Nova
I live in a cedar home with big wood casement windows....
mommyshanti
windows in rain and water, slush
We are in this weird situation due to the snow, rain,...
r2d2indy
Need reassurance! Pella windows not a bad decision?
My house currently has 4 kinds of windows - contractor's...
Lrw2a
Thank you for this forum!!
It is nice to see some unbiased information. For any...
dont_trust_the_dog
Marvin: Can't find Air Infiltration Specs
I am choosing between Marvin clad and Woodwright double...
texas_al
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™