I need Help to replace Drk Bronze Aluminum Windows

belindaheadApril 10, 2010

I have a townhome in SoCal. I am looking for a dealer that will upgrade my sliders and windows to the HOA spec dark bronze. I want to receive the tax credit and need dual pane. Any suggestions on who to call? I have found some vendors in the area but most can only do tan vinyl.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

There are bronze painted vinyl windows in the market. However, I think in Southern California (because of the heat) you should look at a bronze fiberglass (less expansion than vinyl) or wood clad window. Marvin Integrity is one brand that comes to mind. Good luck.

    Bookmark   April 11, 2010 at 10:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you are referring to the energy tax credit of .30 u value and .30 solar heat gain coefficient, I think you may have to look at materials other than aluminum in dual pane. Even triple might be a stretch to qualify.

    Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 11:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here in the Northeast,the color aluminum you are referring to is mostly made by commercial window makers as they used in buildings. They'll be the ones who'll have what your looking for.
All the best,

The Porch Guy

Here is a link that might be useful: my album

    Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 8:52PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Deciding between Marvin, Pella, Anderson, and Lincoln
We are adding a small addition to our home, and at...
Softlite Elements windows quote reasonable?
We're in MA. We've been quoted $13,300 for installing...
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
Quick advice re: matching door and window grills & transom size
I have french doors sitting between two sets of side...
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™