Slow's yard

oldcraftyJuly 7, 2011

Slow....I visited the cottage garden forum today for the first time and was blown away to see such lovely picks of your yard posted!I've seen many pretty pics of your work.....but some of these were from a different angle I guess. I admired the designs in your sidewalk on the 6th pic. How on earth did you do that? Is it done on top of a sidewalk or done while the walk was freshly poured. It is super. Would love to see a close up of them

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Well thank you, CRAFTY: CALAM did a superb job on the photography - wish I could do that. She must've taken 100 pictures. Re the front walk designs, that was when I first started mosaicing - VERY early, and the one under the arbor I did along w/the front pedestal - the red one shown in CALAM's pics. This is the one you may recall my saying that I was told I couldn't do that - wouldn't work and all that jazz. Did it anyway, and not one piece has lifted. However on the second one - yellow, the walk cracked, and I've never gotten to repairing it. Can hardly get down for more than a few minutes - can't any longer work on the ground. I mosaiced directly onto the walk - barely swept it. I do remember on the first one, I bathed the walk in admixture. Don't know if that had any effect or not on it's lasting this long. There's some real ratty pieces of ceramic in there too - the cheap chalky kind. This was the beginning of my loss of fear and thirst for experimentation. Haven't looked back. All my pictures are in my album. If you find a list of all my albums, there are many photos in each. Here's a link to the photo you requested, but it's rather small. I didn't know how to use my photo shop - (still don't), but it's at least another angle.

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 5:36PM
amerique2

Thanks, Crafty, for letting us know about the photos! Nice job Calam on capturing Slow's garden.

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 10:32PM
Calamity_J

I took soooo many pics, but felt the ones I posted were the best ones, a lot of close up pics of the daylily blooms and roses are nice too. I was hoping Slow would post of pic of her cross at her front door, it is a future project that I am inspired to make now...on the "ToDo List"!

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 11:06AM
texaswild

Happy to oblige, CALAM. Y'all should see this at night w/the spotlight on it. CALAM got me hooked on solar spotlighting. She put one on Cleo, Gypsy, the Cross, the Fountain Surround, as well as hanging rope lights on my patio. Can't wait for her next visit, and she's trying to talk KLINGER into coming tooooooooo. Happy dance here.

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 11:51AM
rock_oak_deer

The more pics I see, the more amazed I get.

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 3:27PM
Calamity_J

Well then I will have to post these pics(back yard)...I think a convention of all of us at Slow's next year....I'll even bring my tent to make sure we all squeeze in!heh heh!

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 10:17AM
loribee2

Wow LOVE it! You all really make a person realize that ANYTHING is possible.

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 10:32AM
Imsunflwr1

Wow! I am so impressed. Everything is just amazing! YOU are just amazing!

Bookmark   July 9, 2011 at 10:58PM
stjohnsgypsy

To live in beautiful surroundings like that...one wouldn't want or need to leave home!

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 8:04AM
texaswild

Well, thank y'all very much, and a special thanks to CALAM for taking the photos and posting. Her photography skills are amazing. Re never wanting to leave home, I rarely do anymore, GYPSY, except to go out and buy more supplies.

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 8:08AM
stjohnsgypsy

I'm just highly impressed you've done all this yourself...come up with the ideas and then dove right in...You are WOMAN!! xo

Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 10:15AM
More Discussions
Wonder Horse... getting started!
A couple weeks ago I introduced myself to you all and...
solstice98
bees
did I share this here? Yggdrasil and the Divine Intoxicant...
nicethyme
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Sponsored Products
Serena & Lily Diamond Fabric
Serena & Lily
Orange & Green Pinwheel
$14.99 | zulily
Xenia Fountain
FRONTGATE
Rustling Branch Stake - Set of Three
$47.99 | zulily
Outdoor Set of Four Solar Driveway/Path Lights
$49.50 | FRONTGATE