Options for roofing above bay windows

rae74April 14, 2010

Please help... I need to replace the copper roofing above my two bay windows in the front of my house. Ideally I want something with a browish color. It doesn't seem to make sense to spend the money for copper if I will need to paint it. Any other options? I'm not sure I like the look of shingles.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
afsa

Sheet metal company could make you one out of Painted Coil Stock or a lumberyard locally(not HD or Lowes) may have a company that has standard size roof's out of the same material.

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 1:29PM
rae74

Thanks... I will check online to see if I can find any pics of what a painted coil stock roof would look like.

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 1:57PM
mydreamhome

rae74- we've been researching the same thing and after talking with a few different metal roof contractors, have found that some of the metal roofs can be cut & curved to give the same curb appeal as a curved copper roof & you've got your choice of colors. They can make the roof in the warehouse or onsite. If you don't like the curved look, I have seen a few metal roofs that are simply angled above the bay windows, so you've got a couple different options : ) I hope the link below works...pics of different types of bay windows from the exterior & interior.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bay Window Pics

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
new construction vs "replacement" windows
I am somewhat confused from reading various company...
mmdoh
Sliding Glass Door Brand Recommendations
Thank you for your help here a week or so ago, when...
Carrie B
Simonton 5500 v. Soft-Lite Pro (replacement and new )
Hi, We are remodeling our house in Washington DC. We...
amy2905
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
Install expectations?
just had windows installed and before I complain to...
rosebay
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™