stopping and starting on a mosaic project

deedlesmomJuly 15, 2008

I want to mosaic a ceramic vase with the odds and ends I am finding on our property. I have broken glass, a child's spoon, a glass top to a jar, etc. But I don't have enough to fill the vase yet. So if I start putting adhesive on the outside to stick things to it and I stop, will the adjoining adhesive stick to eachother or look like he!! when I start up again?

TIA, Sheree

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flagtruck

Do it at your own pace. Put the adhesive on the pieces and stick them to the vase. I have a lot of wip and they will be okay.

Bookmark   July 15, 2008 at 4:46PM
texasfern

Thank goodness we can do it this way huh Flag?
Soooo many wips, so little time.

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 4:20AM
texaswild

Hey, DEEDLES - been missing you. Check around your kitchen (dishes not used often), in the garage, in your junk draw, in your sewing room/basket for tesserae. Remember bottles are glass - check out a nearby bar for their bottles/caps.

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 8:45AM
deedlesmom

Thanks for the ideas Slow, but I'm purposely only collecting what I find on our 2 acres. I need a metal detector too!!! I found some really cool melted glass last year in what was a burn pit many years ago. My house was built in 1929, so there was an outhouse too!!! Ewww!!!! Just about everytime my DH roto-tills the garden, things come up. So my canning jar is starting to fill up. ;)
Sheree

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 12:02PM
More Discussions
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™