New Exchange Info, Response Needed!
This is copied from the last post I placed on the original exchange thread. I need EVERYONE PARTICIPATING to respond to the question toward the bottom regarding shipping between the US and Canada. Thanks!
OK, THIS IS THE FIRST OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF THE
RULES OF THE TESSARAE EXCHANGE,
CALL DATE FOR CHECK-IN, ETC.
1. This exchange is for tessarae only, no substrate.
2. Tessarae means anything you can adhere in a mosaic: china/dishes, stained glass, beads, marbles, rocks, jewelry, chain, polymer tiles, mirror, doo-dads, etc.
3. China/dishes should be nipped into pieces. You decide how small is small enough. If it's a focal it might be several inches across, so I'm not going to say it has to "x inches or less." If it's half a cup it will still be three dimensional as well.
4. Stained glass can be left in whatever size you want that will fit your package. If you have it cut up smaller, great!
5. US-based exchangers: Use a flat rate box, either size for $9.80; one is deeper, one is wider. For the USCanada issue, see below.
6. MAIL DATE WILL BE BETWEEN August 27 and August 29, 2008. Please DO NOT participate if you cannot mail during that period. If you want to participate and know you will not be able to mail during that period, make arrangements with someone else to mail your package for you. In fact, we should probably ALL have our package ready to mail sooner, and a contingency plan in place to get it mailed at the right time, just in case. There was too much angst this last exchange not knowing if packages were mailed, had arrived intact or at all, etc. Let's avoid that this exchange to the best of our ability.
(I know we could move this exchange up, but I don't mind giving more people a chance to join, AND I just don't want to be too tight on the heels of the last exchange. Plus, it lets the excitement build! ;)
7. First required check-in will be August 5, and second will be August 20. I'll draw names and let you know who your sendee is by August 24. (I will be out of town July 31 to August 4, and August 21.)
8. You have to have posted at least one project, at least a WIP, to participate.
9. The organizer (that'd be me ;) reserves the right to add rules as deemed appropriate, and after any necessary discussion which might arise.
Now, re: US/Canada, options:
1) "I don't mind a bit having to ship across the border, put me in a general drawing."
2) "I want a strictly USUS and CanadaCanada exchange."
In this case, I'll keep the folks in each country separate so no one has to ship across the border. Of course, for this to work, there has to be at least two Canadians who will ship to each other.
3) A combination of the above. There would be three drawings: one for those who don't care if they ship in or out of the country, one for those who want to ship only US to US, and one for those who want to ship only Canada to Canada. And honestly, I don't mind doing this.
SO: EMAIL or PM me, let me know if you want option #1 or #2, and your combined response is expected to direct us to do #3. By email or pm, we can still keep it secret who is giving to whom. I'll let you know how it turns out, but not who says what.
Now, go rest your eyes then come back and shoot off that response to me :)