type of indoor window caulking to use?

tracey_bApril 17, 2009

House is 11 yrs old. I'm trying to make the woodwork / trim look better. As the house has settled, a few joints seem a little more obvious, including some around windows. For the baseboards and actual window trim, I've been using "regular" paintable caulk, but for those places that are right next to the window, should I be using a different kind of caulk or is that only a concern with caulking on the outside?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

use "Dynaflex 230" by Dap..thats what I use. i am in the business and i has'nt failed yet.

    Bookmark   April 17, 2009 at 10:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Windows on Washington Ltd

Interior caulking is not subjected to near the stresses than exterior caulking is. Any good latex based caulking will work and will be cheapest.

    Bookmark   April 18, 2009 at 1:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Good! Thanks. I'll just continue onto the windows with my current caulk (Dynaflex). I just didn't want to use it there if I wasn't supposed to.

    Bookmark   April 18, 2009 at 8:42PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Love my New Front Door, But It's Still Cold in Entryway
I have my new steel entry door installed with new sidelites....
Plantation Shutters Pros/Cons, need advice
Hi, I'm new to this website and owning a home so forgive...
Pros please help differentiate between two window manufacturers...
Hello, we are the midst of a new construction build...
Need help. Looking for window expert consultant in Minneapolis
We had our windows replaced (full replacement) and...
Air and Mulch Infiltration Through Andersen Windows
I moved into a new house Feb '05 in Blacksburg Virginia...
Sponsored Products
Locking Hex Runner 2'4" x 9'11" - BROWN
$119.00 | Horchow
Red & White Geometric Indoor/Outdoor Throw Pillow
$24.99 | zulily
Justice Design Group POR-8703 - Aero 3 Light Bath Bar - Tapered Cylinder Shade -
$340.00 | Hayneedle
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Fireside Patio Mats Rugs Elegant Butterfly Burgundy
$79.99 | Home Depot
Indoor Ceiling Fans: AireRyder Cabernet 52 in. Oil Burnished Bronze Ceiling Fan
Home Depot
Urban Theme Burnished Bronze with Clear Glass 1-light Mini Pendant
Mystere Moccasin Skirted Storage Bench - 2902SKMYSMOC
$246.99 | Hayneedle
RainShield Chaise Cover
$89.50 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™