I went ahead and started a new thread to keep it easy.
That works, right?
Anyway, so far, so good.
It has gotten a little busy, but I am just goin with the flow.
I still have the sides to do, just keeping the mirrors clean is a chore!
I painted the violin with glossy black spray paint.
Used Weldbond, diluted in a squirt bottle for the bead grout. Put a little in the spot, put in the beads, then more on top.
Slow, I would have used the black silicone, but I have to use what I have on hand at the moment.
My son says that it is very 80's, that means he likes it.
I tried to keep the beading kind of thin, left the cracked areas in the mirrors just because I like the look.
I may try to seal it all in something, but I have never done that and would hate to ruin this piece.
I'm only going to post one picture with the addy for the album since I don't know how to do that thumbnail thingy that you click on for a bigger pic.
Geez, too much coffee this morn.!
Here is a link that might be useful: Violin WIP