Lepage windows

vcapa50April 28, 2011

We are building a new home on the water in southern CT. has anyone ever heard of Lepage windows out of canda? Would they be good for a home along the water? We are also looking at anderson woodright 400 series.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

I have sold Lepage in the past and feel you would have no issue using them on the water. I am assuming your speaking of the wood window. The Extruded Aluminum Clad I have seen used on the water with no issues(Lepage or other quality extruded aluminum windows)although others on here will tell you that using the extruded aluminum windows on the water is a no no.

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 10:50AM
jagp

You cannot compare the two windows. The Lepage is far superior in every sense. It also just looks better and is built for harsh Canadian climates. I have seen many high end homes with Lepage windows in Connecticut. All you need is to compare the two windows side by side to see the difference.

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 12:50AM
tlc308

This company is really Bonneville. Just bought all windows for my cottage on the lake. Their sliding doors are exceptionally inferior and they do not stand behind their products. Buyer beware.

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 10:44AM
millworkman

Nothing to do with Bonneville (who is out of business for some years now) Guy Bonneville's family owned Bonneville he left the family business and formed LePage which is a far superior window to Bonneville ever was. Very good product.

Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Deciding between Grand Estates/Amcraft or Okna 500dx, advice?
Both are new construction. The Grand Estates is just...
happyallison
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
happyallison
Contractor introduced me to yet another window, Vi Win Tech windows???
A building contractor we are using for a garage guesthouse...
happyallison
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
buildinse
Replace or Repair?
We are about to purchase a home outside Columbus, OH...
jackrh97
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™