question for slow?

Louisiana_greetingsJuly 31, 2008

hey, when i was scoping out your beautiful flower beds, i noticed the edging on them were not mosaiced, and i see that you mosaic everything in sight :-) curious , how come you haven't done those yet? you have such great ideas, i know you can come up with some good stuff :-) i posted a pic of a couple i have done.

bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flagtruck

THANKS for asking her that! I have been trying to get her to pull one at a time and mosaic them or at least the tops of them. She says she has so many she'd never get them done...
Slow is tied up with her DD today and should be on here later tonight. I can't wait to read her answer.
I do one a day..I even grouted two yesterday and sealed them this morning. I will do pics later when it isn't so hot.

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 2:01PM
Louisiana_greetings

i was almost skeered to ask the question, i remember her saying that she gets bored easly and doesn't want to fool with one project too long.
maybe we all should meet up there and do a couple a peice and help her out ;-)
Bonnie

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 2:18PM
texaswild

Hey, you l'il heifers!!! It ain't gonna happen. I'd go nuts on about the fifth one. Somehow these cinder blocks haven't bored me yet. Hope to get involved w/mosaics again this weekend. Been berry, berry busy. Thanks for asking. Might fool y'all someday.

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 4:19PM
flagtruck

Boy am I glad you are back to defend yourself. I knew the answer before I read all of it. ...LOL
That should inspire you if nothing else does. One a day and each will be different depending on your mood.
Love it!

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 4:27PM
Louisiana_greetings

hey, i haven't been called a heifer in a long time, reminds me of the ole days, those were the days ;-)
bonnie

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 4:40PM
texaswild

I hope you weren't offended. It's a term of endearment in the south. I got in B.I.G. trouble year b/f last in PV. I was taken to task by one of the ladies. In my using it, it's cuz I think you're pretty neat, mischevious, clever - sorta "I can't believe you said that" kind of comment. I don't KNOW where the term originated, but every time I've ever heard it, it was in a light-hearted mode. I remember well an "I Love Lucy" night, when it was used by a country music guy, whose name I can't recall right now, but he said it admiringly to Lucy. It's one of my favorite expressions.

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 4:52PM
Louisiana_greetings

NO offense taken at all , i feel special :-) we have been using that term for years, just haven't heard it in awhile.

Bookmark   July 31, 2008 at 7:06PM
curbdiver1954

Slow - was it Tennessee Ernie Ford? Seems I remember an episode with him using it.

Pat

Bookmark   August 1, 2008 at 7:53PM
texaswild

Just thought I'd check in her tonight - been busy today. It was during the night when I realized who the singer was, CURB, and you're exactly right - it was TEF. I can't believe you saw and remembered that one. It was a hoot. BEAUTIFUL - someone understands me and my favorite expression!!!!!

Bookmark   August 1, 2008 at 8:00PM
More Discussions
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
Sponsored Products
Question Mark Stool
Italy Design
Casa Sorrento 16 3/4" High Bronze Post Mount Light
$49.99 | Lamps Plus
Modern Fan Company | Stratos Ceiling Fan
$384.00 | YLighting
England Coast Oil Rubbed Bronze 25 3/4 Inch High Four-Light Outdoor Pendant
$188.10 | Bellacor
Kimono Chandelier by George Kovacs
$410.00 | Lumens