Sherri Warner Hunter workshops

amerique2July 2, 2011

I'm so excited--just did a search on Sherri Warner Hunter after seeing her name mentioned in some posts and found out she's located only 4 hours away from me. Looked at her workshops coming up and there's a birdbath workshop later this month. Some of the others on concrete forms and armature basics are either full or cancelled. :-( But I'm sure I would learn lots in the birdbath workshop that I could apply to other projects since the description says "learn the basics of simple armature construction, cast bowl forms and hand forming concrete".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klinger

You are a lucky duck. I'd love to go to one of her workshops. I've got both her books and they are really informative, it sounds like the workshop you're going to take will give you lots of basic knowledge.

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 1:58PM
Imsunflwr1

You are lucky! I'd love to be able to take one of her workshops! Have a ball and be sure and let us know all about it!

Bookmark   July 3, 2011 at 1:38AM
Calamity_J

I hope you get to take pics of all that fun you get to have and that you don't forget the lil' people...us! And post Lots of pics for us!!!!! When is your course? Lucky Duck!

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 12:55AM
amerique2

It's the latter part of this month. Now, to find the extra $ in the budget to take it! If I get to go to this one, you can be sure I'll take pics and let you hear all about it!

Bookmark   July 4, 2011 at 7:51AM
loribee2

I would definitely drive 4 hours to attend one of her workshops!

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 11:58AM
rock_oak_deer

Looking forward to pictures, there's one in my town in October so I'd love to see.

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 12:23PM
phish_gw

I have mosaiced 4 pots and a big dish and want to turn into a birdbath but I've been deliberating about if or how much cement to put into it (to stabilize but not make too heavy). I posted my questions on this about a month ago. So if Sherri Warner makes her birdbath's from pots, please tell me what you learn!

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 2:40PM
loribee2

She makes her birdbaths using armature for the stand, and sand casting for the bowl. I think that's probably why she does a class on it. It's a great project to learn the two techniques in one shot.

Bookmark   July 7, 2011 at 1:32PM
More Discussions
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
One more ready for the kiln
I love working with glass . I love being able to go...
toomuchglass
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Black Kinky Boots
something else for my girly 1/2 guest bathroom....
brokenbitmosaics
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™