Alside Performance Series Gold or Jeld Wen Brickmould Series

jeguzikMarch 3, 2011

I am building a new home and my builder gave me the choice between these two windows manufactures and series. He told me they will be double pane / double hung / Argon filled and Low E glass. The house is going to have 45 some odd windows so I want to make the right decisions, your thoughts and insights are truly appreciated. We live near Cleveland, OH.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Ask him for more options or buy them yourself. Do a search on here and you will see what I mean. I am certain you can get a better window in the same price range.

Bookmark   March 4, 2011 at 8:25AM
jeguzik

For example what else would be a better window? What is wrong with the two I quoted, some details would be appreciated I am a complete novice.

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 11:50PM
skydawggy

As Millworkman said, do a search for those 2 brands. Some of the brands I always recommend looking at are Sunrise, Softlite, Okna, and Gorell. These manufacturers have a sterling reputation for consistent quality, excellent customer service and warranty service. In addition, they are all very low in air infiltration water penetration and all have very high design pressure ratings. I would ask your builder for a window credit and then contract with a window installation company who uses more sophisticated installtion methods than most builders do.

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 12:59AM
millworkman

well said sky, could not have said it any better

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Andersen Renewal vs Starmark Windows
i currently have a secondary home that we are re designing...
branlance
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
Pella Slider
We have a Pella slider that was installed in early...
hopesprings_gw
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™