garden of oz

kraftkrazyJuly 19, 2009

went to the garden of oz in hollywood with a couple of friends yesterday,,it was absolutely unbelievable. large property with mosaics everywhere. unfortunately the gate was locked so we couldnt go in and see everything, had to be content with peeking in thru the gate and fence. they dont want you to take pictures so i didnt but did find this link on flickr. i think some of you have seen the pictures before. they really dont do it justice. if you are ever in the los angeles area, that is a place that definitely should be seen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beacons/2232224118/page2/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

OMG!!! Are you sure you weren't in Texas...at Slows??!!!!

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 1:02PM
cathyscache

Way Cool!!! Never heard of this place but would sure like to see it....Should set up a tour LA, then Texas to Slow's!!!

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 1:37PM
texaswild

OHMYGOODNESS doesn't that make you wanna quit mosaicing??? Absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. How exciting it must be to live there. Pure Mosaic Heaven. Thanks for that site.

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 2:06PM
kraftkrazy

actually while i was there i was thinking of slow's place and that it too will eventually look just like this place. they say he has been working on it for 15 years. this place is off the beaten path, so you have to be looking for it to find it and theres a bunch of different levels and different shrines with crosses and mennorahs (sp?) and a plaque about ghandi and many many handmade tiles. they have to be handmade because they are so personal to this place. outside the gates and fences he mosaiced the stones that border the yard, and theres a throne outside where you can sit called a throne of your own. i think this place has something for absolutely every one and he promotes love and peace and healing with the different quotes and sayings he has interspersed throughout. i intend to go back again and hopefully one time i might catch the gate open and can go in and explore

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 2:36PM
kraftkrazy

ive been looking thru slow's pictures of all the things she's done and i think she rivals the garden of oz..i want to live in either place, so much beauty

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
Product for gluing glass on glass?
I have E6000, but I would rather not use it, too stinky....
deedlesmom
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
Cutting Beach Pebbles
I have a good supply of various colored beach pebbles...
african
Sponsored Products
Sunpan Lolita Barrel Back Fabric Chair
Overstock.com
Westinghouse 6 in. x 4 in. Clear Ribbed Acrylic Threaded Neck Shade 8191700
$9.97 | Home Depot
Nourison Home and Garden Indoor/Outdoor Orange Rug (7'9 x 10'10)
Overstock.com
Chalkboard Sign
$8.99 | zulily
Black One-Light 21-Inch High Outdoor Hanging
$188.00 | Bellacor
Artichoke Finial Outdoor Statue
$49.00 | FRONTGATE
Moonrays Path & Landscape Lights Cornell-Style Outdoor Redwood Low Voltage
$14.39 | Home Depot
Hammered Polished Copper Hose Pot - Without Lid
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for: