Looking for good (not expen) source for mission glass hanging

provenanceJuly 19, 2009

We are thinking of using a small glass hanging to cover a couple of our windows. One window is halfway up front stairs, another is in kitchen. We'd like something in a mission style but still something that could go with our more contemporary decorating. Especially looking for glass with golds/ambers.

A couple of questions--

Is it a problem if the windows are mullioned (squares), would the glass hanging still look good?

Any suggestions for hunting down a small inexpensive hanging? I've looked so far on Home Decorators.com, also on ebay.

Thank you so much for any suggestions.

Amy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Oh my - what a question for this forum. If you know anything about me, you know I'm gonna say MAKE IT YOURSELF!!! Next suggestion is: if you want to buy one, look through this forum to see who works in glass on glass or stained glass, and email that person to see if you could commission a piece.

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 2:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

Ditto what Slow said, and I would hazard to say, that yes, it would still look fine over a mullioned window. It may give it a differnt texture, but that's okay! If you move, you can still take it with you.

Bookmark   July 19, 2009 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™