'The Pub' Project

becky_iaJuly 23, 2008

This project has been the biggest challenge I have ever undertaken! It is finally leaded and ready to putty tonight. Then will let it sit a week to harden and finally to the restaurant to be installed above the newly renovated bar. I am only a month behind their grand opening, but couldn't be helped.

Now I know why I love mosaics! Leading, soldering & puttying is truly a ton of work and I am just happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been working on this for three months and am ready to get back into other projects and join in here more!

Becky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crackpotannie

Becky,it is beautiful,you did an outstanding job.I feel the same way so much harder than mosaics.You did your self proud tho!!!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 11:24AM
cindiloo

WOW!! Such perfection! I don't even want to try doing all that leading, soldering & puttying stuff...I'll just stick to mosaics, but I sure can appreciate how much hard work it is and what a GREAT job you've done! Once they see this, they won't mind that they had to wait!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 2:23PM
meadel

Oh Becky, I was just wondering about this and here it is !!! It IS perfect !!!
You sure did an outstanding job !!! Congratulations !!
I'll drink to that !!!!
Cheers !!!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 4:07PM
texaswild

BEEEE UUUUU TI FUL. Geesh - that's so professional. Bet you are bursting your buttons over this. Very neat work.

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 7:11PM
sereneseen

Becky,

It's wonderful. The bar owners are sure to enjoy it for many years to come. I bet you feel a great sense of accomplishment and relief now that this project is done. Congrats to you!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 8:00PM
Louisiana_greetings

hey, that is a terrific job, lookin really great. it looks so perfect.
bonnie

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 8:37PM
crystal01

OMG Becky! That is awesome! It's perfection!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 10:43PM
Calamity_J

Way to go!!! Good to see some actual stained glass going on here as we are mostly mosaicing!lol! Very nice! You gonna share a pic with us when it gets in it's new home?! Purty Pleez!!!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 10:47PM
becky_ia

Thank you everyone for the wonderful, warm, encouraging comments about this project. Makes it all worthwhile!

We worked last night about three hours, puttied & polished. Tonight will try and finish by cleaning out all the little crevices & corners. The last step just amazed me! I had forgotten what the whiting process does....it just seemed to all come together-cleans & polishes the glass and lead.

Also visited with the owner of the restaurant by phone. Trying to convince them they need to have a light box installed behind to let light shine through to show the beauty of the glass. (See below-Tried to take a picture to show what that will look like). The bar is a bit dark and they just want to have hanging lights behind it. I am afraid it will show only "hot spots". I think a light box will truly show the beauty of the glass. Any helpful convincing comments I can use? And yes, when installed and finished, I will post a picture for all to see! And to celebrate with me that I managed to finished what I started!

Becky

Bookmark   July 24, 2008 at 11:14AM
stjohnsgypsy

Beautiful....Like how you did the PUB lettering....!!! Great job!

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 7:57AM
daisyme

Wha Hoo! It's DONE, DONE, DONE! Congratulations on your wonderful professional work. It looks PERFECT and will obviously happily be the centerpiece for their business. I bet after years and years there it will be a collector's item for many many more. It's wonderful. On to new fun things!

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 9:15AM
More Discussions
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™