Mold and moisture around windows

cassiopeia32March 28, 2010

Hi. I bought my condo a couple of years ago. First I noticed bubbles in the paint around the windows...then the plaster started the drywall kind of opened up and started crumbling there is mold around the windows, particularly on the windowsill. Do I need new windows? A window repair? The exterior of the building is brick....Thanks to ANYONE who helps...I rent this place out and I can't get new tenants in until I remedy this problem! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Windows on Washington

You need to get someone to the home who understands water infiltration.

Most often times, if the water is coming from around the connection between the window and the wall, the leak is between the window and the wall on the exterior. Most times.

Depending on the where the windows are located in the home, there is also the potential of a roof source of moisture.

This is impossible to diagnose via the internet. You need to get someone who know leaks out to home and get the issue repaired right away before you cause significant damage to the home.

    Bookmark   March 29, 2010 at 7:57AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Thank you for this forum!!
It is nice to see some unbiased information. For any...
Andersen Renewal vs Starmark Windows
i currently have a secondary home that we are re designing...
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
wood window restoring in Nova
I live in a cedar home with big wood casement windows....
Whistling in windows with big gusts
Hello, I had new Okna 500s installed this past spring...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™