Tri-State windows

roberto487March 2, 2009

Can someone tell me if their windows are legit. I mean good structurally and reasonably priced.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bagpipers

This is a real late reply, both for future references ...

We ordered 22 or so double hung and sliders (with art glass - very nice btw) and are very happy with them.

We are in our second year and I can see a tremendous bit savings in our heating and ac bills. The windows are triple pane, easy to operate, sound proof, and well built.

I was out shopping for an entry door today and saw some Andersons and Marvin windows in the store and the quality difference was night and day.

We replaced 3 sets of windows that were comprised of 3 double hungs each. We were originally going to change them to 3 bay windows but instead changed all three to one window with 2 sliders and a fixed window in the center. The fixed window is clear/no grids and about 50% in total width. The outer two sliders are 25% in width with special art glass and metal grids.

This new configuration increased the amount of glass while reducing the white vinyl frame.

We also saved a lot of money by adding the art glass to the two sliders instead of the two double hungs. Art glass is charged as each single insert so a double hung needs two pieces and a slider needs only one.

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 12:47AM
More Discussions
Brand recommendation?
I would very much appreciate some recommendations on...
oakenacres
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
buildinse
Sliding Glass Door Brand Recommendations
Thank you for your help here a week or so ago, when...
Carrie B
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™