Window Seal is Leaking

beth4March 2, 2012

Across the front of my home I have 3 huge floor to ceiling picture windows. The middle one just today began showing the dreaded condensation inside the window. Just the mist; no water yet, because it's just started. I replaced all 3 windows with Low E windows about 10 years ago....so, I'm very disappointed that one of the seals is no longer working, allowing the build-up of condensation.

I hate throwing away perfectly good glass, and did some search about alternatives and saw Crystal Clear windows that removes the moisture. Here's a link to its website, explaining the process.

My search of the windows forum hasn't revealed anyone who has tried this approach to resolving a leaking seal. I do think this approach will be best used in a newly leaking window, where there is very little build-up of moisture.

Have any of you tried this? Also, what is the "normal" life of large windows before the seal becomes compromised. I would hate to think 10 years is "normal".....That's pretty expensive, and environmentally wasteful.

Thanks, in advance, for your responses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Crystal Clear Windows

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Windows on Washington

Can't do it on a window with tempered glass like you should have in those units anyway...at least via the typical means that are listed.

Bookmark   March 2, 2012 at 11:21PM
More Discussions
Replacement and New Coastal Impact Windows
We are doing major renovation on a waterfront home...
roenie
Softlite Elements windows quote reasonable?
We're in MA. We've been quoted $13,300 for installing...
ppurus
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Looking for recomendations re: replacing sliding patio doors in MN
As the title says, I'm researching replacement our...
billpw
Time to replace the windows?
There has been almost constant ice build up around...
tonyzzztony
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™