has anyone tried marvin integrity gliders?

scrappy25March 24, 2013

I was reading about the marvin ultimate gliders which have been redesigned to operate very smoothly, and look good. My budget is more the marvin integrity line which seem to have the same mechanism. My alternative is casements either integrity or higher end vinyl. Does anyone know the approximate price differential between the marvin integrity gliders vs casements and how well they look.work?
thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amber_windows

I service the product on the west coast. Integrity is a good window. Depending on your area either would be fine. If you have high winds then I would go casement. Check out a showroom. That way you see the aesthetics and can compare to other window brands to be sure you are getting what you want. Casements are always going to run a bit more then a glider.

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 7:18PM
scrappy25

thanks amber_windows. I like the marvins because they seem to be designed to easily operate when over a kitchen counter. The other sliders that I have seen mostly seem to have those two protruding locking mechanisms (high and low) which would not be so easy to reach, beside looking obstrusive. If anyone can recommend other good quality and good looking sliders, please do so. I am interested mostly in a triple configuration (XOX), and would prefer the 1/3-1/3-/13 ratio over 1/4-1/2-1/4. Unfortunately the Integrity windows seem to be the latter.

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 11:50PM
eastbay10

Comparably sized Marvin Ultimate Gliders and Integrity Casements are priced about the same.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 9:20AM
scrappy25

thanks Eastbay, what about the Marvin Integrity sliders?

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 10:07AM
eastbay10

Integrity sliders are less than the casements but I thought you said you wouldn't consider them because of the 1/4-1/2-1/4.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 10:24PM
More Discussions
Thinking about installing Jeld-Wen Premium Vinyl Windows...
My husband and I are looking into getting Low E vinyl...
LittleHouseotPrairie
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
happyallison
Contractor introduced me to yet another window, Vi Win Tech windows???
A building contractor we are using for a garage guesthouse...
happyallison
Marvin Integrity Wood Ultrex performance?
Hello everyone - this forum has been really helpful....
Joyst719
wood window restoring in Nova
I live in a cedar home with big wood casement windows....
mommyshanti
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™