satellite dish

ruthinontJuly 21, 2012

I have an small satellite dish that I would love to mosaics.I don`t know where to start...I know how to mosaics and cut glass,but I have no idea of what to put on the dish .I want to put it in my yard.My mind is blank!! Thank you for any help and ideas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barbfrizzell1955

You could try searching "mosaic satellite" to see ideas of what other people have done with them. What kind of designs are you drawn to? Abstracts? Floral? Have you done a lot of mosaics? If you have you probably have a style that you like to do. Try searching on Flickr for mosaics and hopefully something will inspire you! We would love to see work in progress pics too!

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 1:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sbtexas

I haven't been on this site for a while but noticed your post. I did a mosaic using tile, stained glass and vitreous glass on a satellite dish a couple of years ago and it is holding up great. I adhered the tesserae with thinset. I've never posted a picture to this web site but will if you'd like to see it. I've since collected a few satellite dishes because it makes a great substrate for outdoors.

Bookmark   September 16, 2012 at 4:56PM
More Discussions
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™