Palm Tree WIP

katishookedJuly 21, 2008

I'm liking this so far. Hope Son and DIL like it. If not it will look good in my garden. Am thinking grouting will be a bugger, but if I take my time and not hurry to see results (which I'm always in a hurry to see a piece grouted) I think I can clean curves and crvices to my satisfaction.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Ooooooooooooh - now I get it. THAT's the trunk. I couldn't visualize the shape, and thought you'd put it on a "stem" like the mushrooms. I SEE. Gonna be darlin. Flat surfaces are easy, easy to grout.

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 8:30AM
Louisiana_greetings

i wasn't seeing it correct myself, i was seeing a casper the ghost, but then i tilted my head and saw that the tree was sideways and it is lookin good.what color grout are you using? those would be cute lining a flower bed, if you had a whole bunch of them. you could stand them up.
bonnie

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 11:42AM
cindiloo

Yea, it's turning out great!! I went to GW yesterday, but didn't find any plastic party molds...seems like there were a million of them last week! Go figure.

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 3:29PM
Louisiana_greetings

usually a lot of those party trays at the $ store

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 6:17PM
katishooked

Slow I never thot about mosaicing the flat side. Duh. The flat side is down. I'm mosaicing the rounded, curvy wurvy side. I'm not sure if it was laying down if it would work. But it is a thot. Thanks. I do believe I will use black grout. I like the way it makes thins look.

Kathy

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 7:09PM
texaswild

KAT - we're definitely not on the same page in the discussion of your darlin' palm. I meant since your surface isn't 3-D, it w/be so easy to grout.

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 9:39AM
Calamity_J

Lookin' Good!!! Don't worry bout groutin that puppy, you'll do fine!!! I can see a bigger version of this..say on a wall plaque, with a monkey hanging off it! Too cute! heh heh! Such a good idea bout the party trays, Klinger does that too!!!

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 9:51AM
trancegemini_wa

oh that's so pretty! great job kati!

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 11:56AM
lovemosaics

That is really cute. Looks like you used van gogh glass on the trunk. Really nice job!

Bookmark   July 24, 2008 at 2:07PM
More Discussions
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™