Marvin Infinity Everwood

theresa2March 23, 2013

What color are the interior jams of Marvin's "Infinity Everwood" option? I'm considering bronze on the outside, "Everwood" on the inside. I will stain the "Everwood" a dark brown. Please keep in mind that I'm not talking about "Integrity", but rather "Infinity". I only mention this, because sometimes it is confusing for people given their names are so similar.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

It appears to me to be a color similar to natural pine that would be stained or painted whatever color you decide.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 4:53PM
mmarse1

Be sure you know how to stain, staining a composite such as ever wood is a bit harder than staining natural pine.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 7:14PM
theresa2

Thank you for both for your information. My installer has a pro who will stain the doors; someone who does this routinely.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 8:07PM
windowsonwashington

+1

These materials do take stains a bit differently than real wood. Most often times, you can ask and Marvin can provide you with a sample of the material so that you run some test pieces.

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 10:35AM
Taxman28

I received a quote for Marvin Infinity w/ Everwood interior. One important thing I learned from sales rep:

Once the everwood is stained, it's stained. You may be able to apply a darker stain, but don't plan on stripping and applying a lighter/similar color stain.

Benefit - stain won't fade over time
Drawback - cannot easily re-stain

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 12:58PM
HomeSealed

You are partially correct taxman. No stainable composites can be refinished, but they can fade slightly over time just like anything else. In addition, it will be very difficult to stain a darker color if a finish (polyurethane) is applied over the stain... You really get one chance to stain them, and then you could conceivably paint over them at a later time.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 1:05PM
windowsonwashington

+1

Its is definitely a 1 shot deal.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 3:02PM
Taxman28

Glad the experts (HomeSealed and WoW) could clarify. So much great info on this site.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Time to replace the windows?
There has been almost constant ice build up around...
tonyzzztony
Softlite Elements windows quote reasonable?
We're in MA. We've been quoted $13,300 for installing...
ppurus
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
dancingqueengw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™