Sweet cherry &black raspberry wine recipe

connie0751(z5 IN)June 10, 2010

I have loads of cherries this year and would like to try to make a sweet cherry wine. I have black raspberries also. This will be my first try at making wine, so would appreciate easy, tried & true recipes and any tips on wine making u may have. TIA and have a great day!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fedup321(7 NC)

Connie, I posted a recipe a few years ago if you are interested in a sweet wine recipe with more alchol than normal. The thread is lenghtly...email me for a shorter version or explaination

Here is a link that might be useful: sweet wine recipe

Bookmark   June 10, 2010 at 11:28PM
giantvision20

Sweet cherry & black raspberry wine taste so good I think.
Will it bother to you fedup321 if you post it again?

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 5:09AM
sheryl_ontario(Muncho Lake, BC z2)

I have written a book on making organic wine at home. It's a free download ebook. Really, free with no strings attached. You are welcome to download it at the link below.
In a word: sterilize. Sterilize every little thing that comes in contact with the wine, hands, every spoon, cup, measuring spoon, strainer and container - everything - and keep it sterile until you are finished with it.

More than sterilization is rinsing it off. Whatever you use to sterilize, be it bleach, sulphite, whatever, has to be thoroughly rinsed from everything.

Sterilize. Sterilize. Sterilize.
Rinse. Rinse. Rinse.

The rest is easy. For 5 gallons, collect about 3/4 of that in materials. Put it all in a big pot or two, cover with water and bring to a boil. Turn off fire and put on sterile lid. Let sit two days. Strain into primary fermenter. Add water to make 5 gallons. Add sugar until hydrometer reading is about 12-13% (a little at a time, testing as you go), add pectic enzyme according to package (usually about 2-3 teasp for 5 gal), add acid blend at 1 teas per gallon, stir well and sprinkle the yeast on top. Cover lightly for a week. Rack into secondary fermenter and add air lock. Rack about every three months, at least 2-3 times, until there is no more activity, no bubbles from air lock. Test again with hydrometer until reading is below 1.000 (0.9). Bottle. This makes a dry wine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wine Book

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 4:24PM
More Discussions
Bottling Dandelion Wine
I have never made wine before, but THIS is the year...
kriswrite
Powdery Mildew
Hello, I am wondering what would the best powdery mildew...
Kit.578
Wine room - how to deal with heat/ac ducts
I have a small room (8 x 10) in the basement of my...
daf999999
What's your favorite cheap wine?
The Wal-Mart has inspired me to ask this question. Specifically,...
cecilia_md7a
moving old grape vines
We live in my husband's grandmother's house and the...
martienne17
Sponsored Products
Monogram Correspondence Cards
$24.00 | Horchow
Black Garden Tile Rug
$24.99 | zulily
Kichler Eau Claire 15" High Outdoor Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Thermoplastic Resin Square Tissue Box Cover in Black Finish
TheBathOutlet
AICO Furniture - Cortina Queen Sleigh Bed - N65000QNSL-28
Great Furniture Deal