sueb20 - re: Slipcovers on Bayside sofa

artydecorAugust 22, 2012

I recently bought a second-hand Crate and Barrel Bayside sofa. I want to wash the slipcovers, but I've been too chicken. Sueb20, you've posted about your Bayside sofa. Have you ever washed the covers, and do you have any tips? Anyone else?

The fabric on mine is Danish, which I believe is their cotton and linen blend. I called customer service twice,and the first representative said some of their slipcovers need to be machine washed and would be ruined by dry cleaning, and some need to be dry cleaned and would be ruined by machine washing. The second person told me Danish fabric is definitely machine washable. I'm still nervous.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sueb20

Okay, here's what I've done to mine, but I don't actually know what the fabric content is on mine. I looked at the site and they don't seem to have mine there any more (I have two Bayside sofas: a blue/white floral and a green/white stripe). I have not washed the whole cover, but I have washed the seat cushions a few times. We have a bulldog who sneaks up on the sofa and drools her disgusting drool on the seat. The cushion covers washed really well. Just put them in the machine and washed them on cold, and let them air dry and put them back on when they were about 95% dry.

Bulldog #2 has a nasty habit of rubbing her face along the bottoms of our sofas after she eats, which creates a lovely brown (dog-food colored) stain along the front of the sofas. For that, I recently got a can of spray-on upholstery cleaner and scrubbed the heck out of the front of the slipcover while it was still on the sofa. Worked great.

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 1:38PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
artydecor

Thanks! Had to smile at your bulldog stories.

Bookmark   August 22, 2012 at 2:31PM
More Discussions
Living Room and Playroom colors
I need help picking colors. I have lived with beige...
April
need help with deciding how far to extend built-in bookshelf
Hello - We are in the process of designing a built-in...
eastvillgal
Help with foyer
I need ideas on how to use or decorate this space....
knowll423
F&B to BM color closest matches
If F&B is not near you but BM is....
the_foxes_pad
Check In here, Roll Call
Hello dear friends! Have you made it here ok? Let this...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™