Concrete Stain - I love this stuff!

loribee2July 17, 2012

I don't know if they let us do this here, but I'm not a dealer trying to profit from this post, so here goes.

I've discovered LastiSeal color stain and sealer. It's a water based concrete stain that comes out looking like an acid wash without the acid. But it's also a sealer too. I e-mailed the company and asked if it could be used to seal and color grout. They said yes, just make sure to wipe it from the tiles before it dries. Lo and behold, I gave it a try and I'm in love!

They've got an array of awesome colors. I've purchased about 6 of them in the sample bottle size, which is a decent amount for a crafter. It will last me a while. I stained the base of a concrete table I made a couple years ago. It's lasted two winters and still looks just as good as the day I made it (though I'm in California, so I don't get really harsh weather).

Anyway, I wanted to share, because I'm having so much fun with it. I made this concrete mushroom the other day. Instead of priming and painting the stem like I was doing before, I brushed some stain/sealer on. Here's how the forest green looks with just one coat. The more coats you put on, the darker it gets. (I didn't stain the grout on this one, I just used their clear sealer and left it gray).

Has anyone heard of this product before? I love the idea of staining my grout instead of having to buy colored grout. It comes out looking very natural too.

Here is a link that might be useful: RadonSeal Site

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Nice to know - gonna put them in my favs, LORI: I've used water-based stains, but only the charcoal and terra cotta that Lowes sells. I love it. I have used it both ways - in the mortar or grout, or after the piece is finished - my front fountain as an example. I find it's best for me to put it in my mortar. I'm getting ready to do that when I start my next project - push/sqush method of mosaicing. It w/be nice to have other colors from which to choose. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 9:05AM
More Discussions
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
Cutting Beach Pebbles
I have a good supply of various colored beach pebbles...
african
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Accent Rug: Balta US Rugs Glouchester Fawn 2 ft. x
$19.97 | Home Depot
National Public Seating 8 Inch H Stage Box Pleat 96 Inch L Skirting
Beyond Stores
United Weavers Haiku Multi 5 ft. 3 in. x 7 ft. 2 in. Area Rug 540 01475 58
$99.97 | Home Depot
Mindre' Ruby Runner: 2 Ft. 1 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$99.00 | Bellacor
20 Inch Purple Tiffany Style Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle