Stained glass

fldirtJune 14, 2010

This is a 3D whimsy that I did on Saturday. I had to cut, grind, foil & tin the glass them soldered everything together. It took all day but was fun. The bottom is open with nuggets & the glass on the left side isn't soldered. hope I can post the pictures. I am new to photobucket. Wish me luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silvamae

It worked! and it is darling. What fun.

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 11:19PM
Calamity_J

OMG I LOVE IT!!! WOW! Is that zinc on the sides...how cool!!! I sooo wanna play with some stained glass ideas and I was thinking of something like this for a lamp pc, I have a square base(wooden) for a project. Great job you did!

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 11:22PM
texaswild

One day ONLY???? Lot of work, it appears, and well worth it. Lovely garden art. Don't know how you accomplished it in only one day.

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 7:03AM
flagtruck

What an inspiration you are! That is beautiful. I would never be able to accomplish that in one month much less one day. I really love the piece and admire your excellent work on that...

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 8:31AM
chinatreasures

That is gorgeous!! What a great design ~ did that just pop out of your head? Can you tell how big it is?

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 3:38PM
fldirt

It is about 18 in across & about 30 in long. I did have all the glass cut & foiled & the nuggets foiled before I began. No I did not think it up. One of our local stained glass shops does workshops & I take them. Dolly is so creative & I usually take a couple a year from her...vintage window, stained glass garden totem & my mosaic BB fountain.
We just finished adding on to our screen room & I am going to hang it beside the door as you come in. Thanks.

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 6:31PM
smickerdoodle

That is gorgeous! I have been thinking about doing something similar for my garden. I love your design and am also amazed that you got it done in one day. I was also wondering if you used zinc came for the sides.

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 10:22PM
moosaics_cher

Impressive...as are its surroundings. Beautiful and creative addition! Well done.

Here is a link that might be useful: moosaics.com

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
bicem
Hi, bicem, you posted a mosaic question on the "conversation"...
silvamae
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™