Milgard Ultra vs. Marvin Infinity

talyunMarch 26, 2011

I've got 27 windows to replace in a 19 yeard old home in Denver. I'm looking at these 2 fiberglass windows but there's a significant difference in price between the 2. Any comments on which is better? And is fiberglass a good long, term choice to choose?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
windowsonwashington

In my personal experience (as a contractor having used both), I have had more success with the Infinity.

The Ultra is a solid product but I have had several service issues with the installed products that we have done in that line whereas we have had zero with the Infinity.

I think the Infinity has a cleaner look as well.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 12:10PM
talyun

Would you mind expanding on the service issues you are referring to? i.e., is Milgard not honoring their warranty or dragging their feet, etc.

Also do you feel that fiberglass is a good long term product?

Thanks.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 3:19PM
windowsonwashington

There were a couple of issues on one project where the windows were not sealing properly when they were installed plumb, true, and square. These windows were adjusted and re-adjusted to ensure exact fitment.

Milgard did not view it as a product defect and the air that was leaking was claimed to be allowable, however, the customer and I were both unhappy with the results. That cost me money.

The sample they shipped me for an in house demo didn't work right as I pulled it out of the plastic for the home owner.

Their service team damaged a window while trying to get a sash out and claimed it was the customer that had done the damage. They actually used a kitchen utensil (expensive knife) to remove one sash and damaged the knife in the process.

The factory service aspect may be great on the West Coast but it was a liability on the East Coast.

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 9:25AM
talyun

Thanks for your followup.

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 10:07AM
More Discussions
Contractor introduced me to yet another window, Vi Win Tech windows???
A building contractor we are using for a garage guesthouse...
happyallison
Window in a shower?
We are planning a remodel of our second floor master...
numbersjunkie
Need Help with new window brands
We are early in the new home construction process (finalizing...
mmdoh
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
Looking for recomendations re: replacing sliding patio doors in MN
As the title says, I'm researching replacement our...
billpw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™