Please help with grille pattern choices

tabbaldwinMarch 4, 2010

Hello:

We have to decide on our windows this week. Here is the current elevation (default). I couldn't scan the large paper, so I snapped a pic with the cell phone, but I think you can see enough detail.....

I think the front of the house looks okay with 6-over-6 like shown, but the backside of the house looks very busy with all those windows. Our custom builder says he's built houses where the homeowner wanted different windows in back, especially if they had a nice view and wanted it unobstructed. We do have a nice view--down through trees to a pond.

I kind of like the look of 6-over-clear. What do you think about mixing these styles? Or, do you think the front would look okay with 6-over-clear also? But then, I don't know how the fixed window over the foyer would look in another style or what.

Oh the decisions....!!!....and they're just starting. Ugh.

Thank you for your opinions, thoughts, suggestions.

Tracey

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
galefarm

I think the 6/1 would look fine on both the front and the back of the house. On the fixed arch top on the front you could take a custom grill pattern and put at the height of the check rail a simulated check rail to keep the look of the 6/1 on the rest of the windows in the house

Bookmark   March 4, 2010 at 9:50PM
tabbaldwin

Thanks Gale. I'll drive around looking for foyer windows to try and find something like that.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 10:03AM
nitiy_yahoo_com

Hi Tracey,

I am curious what did you end up choosing? I am faced with the exact same dilemma!!

-ng

Bookmark   September 13, 2011 at 10:56PM
More Discussions
Time to replace the windows?
There has been almost constant ice build up around...
tonyzzztony
Curtain Finials
These finials were purchased a number of years ago...
cw8626
new construction vs "replacement" windows
I am somewhat confused from reading various company...
mmdoh
Install expectations?
just had windows installed and before I complain to...
rosebay
Need reassurance! Pella windows not a bad decision?
My house currently has 4 kinds of windows - contractor's...
Lrw2a
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™