how much room between round tables needed

ninip27October 15, 2005

Hi all

I am using a small hall and am worried about free walking room around table.

Does anyone know how much room I would need between the tables.

Tables are 5' rounds with 10 chairs to a table and I have 8 tables.

The head table will be 8' rectangle.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
duckie

My references say that for 60 inch tables, you will need a 10' X 10' chunk of space. However, it is possible you will need a bit more than that. My references also say that a 60" round table will seat 6-8. With 10 people at the table, you will give each person 18" of table space. That is a lot closer than many folks are accustomed to sitting. So, they might be sitting a bit farther from the table than my calculations assume. Ten and a half feet might be a bit better.

Bookmark   October 16, 2005 at 11:42AM
sweet_pea10

A 60" table usually seats 8; a 72" table seats 10, so your guests will be very crowded. If you plan to have a buffet or simple light fare, it might work. However, if you plan to have a full sit-down dinner with the tables pre-set with silverware, water goblets, etc. you may not be able to fit 10 people at a table. You will need at least a 10' square for each table to allow room for guests to scoot their chairs in and out from the table. Allow at least 3' between tables. Allow about 2' away from a wall.

Bookmark   October 16, 2005 at 6:18PM
kaverill

I do special event decorating and for sure 8 guests to a 60" round table is pretty much max. You can't even fit more than 8 standard banquet sized chairs around an 60" round table (when the chairs are put up to the table).I'm sure your hall would let you stop by and let you see the way it looks when they have another event and you could count the tables that are set up and then get a good idea from there.

Bookmark   November 4, 2005 at 9:47PM
More Discussions
Mother of the Groom dress
Our son will be getting married August 2, outdoors. I...
sidnee
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
Older Couple, First Marriage
I have some friends who will be getting married within...
suzieque
I just got back from the best wedding!
Wow, I thought I had seen it all, but this was so great! The...
scarlett2001
small wedding dilemma
My daughter and her fiancee have just gotten engaged...
Kathy Harrington
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™