Yet another Wedding Gift ?!?!

SusieTOctober 29, 2005

We have been to 6 weddings this year! 4 of them members of our large extended family - it's like they had a meeting and decided to do them all at once!

Needless to say, our budget of formal wear, wedding gifts and hotel stays has been out of sight and if I have stress over what to buy as a wedding gift onc more, I will scream!! OK, it's not THAT bad and I do love my family and friends but this year has been nuts!!

The last gift we bought was an idea we got from a co-worker. A Wedding Website! We gave it to my nephew who got engaged this past summer and they were ecstatic! I wish we'd thought of it sooner.

There are alot of confusing choices out there but we finally settled on WeddingSitesUnlimited.com because the price was good and the sites were quite nice.

No more store shopping, thank goodness!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

IYou registered the day you posted this? I'm hoping you don't have any affiliation w/ that company.

And I have to say, I think that's a weird wedding-gift idea from an aunt.

I have this bias that wedding gifts should be tangible things, or long-lasting in some way. A permanent memento if possible--and NOT a logistical help just for the wedding planning.

Contributing to the honeymoon lets the couple create lasting memories of the trip.

Offering to contribute to some wedding expense (flowers, etc.) is nice, but if i were doing that, I'd STILL be giving them something tangible--less expensive, but still longer lasting than an immediate expense.

I would never give, as my official wedding present, some logistical assistance without first being sure it was really important to the bride & groom (like paying for the photographer would be; frankly, web sites are a luxury)

Bookmark   November 1, 2005 at 11:06AM
rivkadr

Since that's the only post she made on the entire THS site, I think it's highly likely that it's an advertisement. Cleverly disguised, but still an advert. What an odd job...sign up at forums, and promote your website by pretending to be a regular member. I work in the web development arena myself, and it just seems like a strange way to do advertising.

And I agree, that doesn't seem like a decent wedding present; it's something that will be forgotten about in rapid order, and isn't tangible.

Bookmark   November 1, 2005 at 8:07PM
sheilajoyce_gw

Acctually, there are free wedding websites out there for brides. That is what my daughter used.

Bookmark   November 2, 2005 at 2:35AM
Nanaof2

Well, I must admit I feel better about my initial thoughts on this. I too, am pretty convinced that SusieT is a vendor. The free websites that sheilajoyce mentions are great to help brides with their planning - and they are FREE.
I also agree that this is not the kind of heartfelt gift I would choose for a couple. The other thing that strikes me as strange about this is that brides start planning much farther out than when their invitations are mailed - which is usually what triggers one to purchase a wedding gift. Sorry, but I must say I'm convinced this person is a vendor.

Bookmark   November 2, 2005 at 7:00AM
Clare

Heck yeah, SuzieT is a vendor. And would you trust a business to treat you fairly and honestly when they come along and steal advertising like this? What else are they willing to steal? How else are they willing to deceive?

Bookmark   November 10, 2005 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
small wedding dilemma
My daughter and her fiancee have just gotten engaged...
Kathy Harrington
Thinking of Eloping...
Life story, shortened. I am engaged to the best friend...
lauraeli_
His/her point of view
DH and I went to his niece's wedding last Sat. and...
scarlett2001
Greek wedding
Hi, My son is marrying into a wonderful, large, very...
robins143
Sponsored Products
Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Spring Fest Beige 7' 6" x 9' 6"
Home Depot
Amalfi Squares Area Rug in Ocean
Grandin Road
Wilton Bath Bar by Kichler
$187.00 | Lumens
Shallow 4'' Fridge/Pantry Storage Bin
$7.99 | zulily
Fawn Pug Ornament
$44.50 | FRONTGATE