geneology service?

lynbornmanAugust 9, 2004

My fiance and I would love to hire someone to research and give us some kind of write up on the family history of each of our parents (4-5 generations of people). We'd like to give it to them at rehearsal dinner. Neither of us have the time or the patience to do something like this ourselves. Does anyone have any ideas where we could find someone (online, via phone...etc) to hire do this for us? Does a service like this even exist?

Any suggestions are most welcome! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grace3

Look in the yellow pages for genealogical societies. I'll bet you could find someone there who would do it for you.

If you or your fiance are "from" another area, and especially if the families have lived in another area for several generations, you might contact the genealogical societies in those areas, since the info might be more readily available.

Bookmark   August 9, 2004 at 11:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TwoSail

Where are you from? I have done my family tree back 7 generations for almost every branch. Just to let you know, it has taken me over 5 years and there is still a lot of information to be had...
What types of things are you wanting to include? Some things can be gotten for free, but others there are fees. Just the cost of obtaining marriage and 3 baptismal records for some ancestores put me over $70. Then I realized I could have ordered the microfilm from the LDS Family History Centers for free, but it would have taken many hours to look up and find the info.
Let me know what you are interested in and I will see what I can do to help you.

Bookmark   August 11, 2004 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
Exciting Proposal?
I think YES! This is my dear friend! I can't wait for...
Jessica1717
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
What to get for a wedding gift !!!
I have been invited to a wedding.The girl that is getting...
diana55
Greek wedding
Hi, My son is marrying into a wonderful, large, very...
robins143
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™