Hotel Goody Bags

Louise54August 6, 2007

As most of our guests will be travelling and staying overnight, we are preparing small goody bags (boxes actually) that will contain 2 bottles of water, a large chocolate bar (3.5 oz) and a small bag of almonds (something salty, something chocolate). We would like to include at least one more item, but are at a loss as to what else to include that would go with the above and not look like an afterthought.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

What about brochures from your area, a city map, or a disposable camera. Unless you live in a small community, most guests appreciate knowing how to get around and information on sightseeing activities in the area.

Bookmark   August 6, 2007 at 9:31PM
nancylouise_gw

Is there an item that is special to your area? Do they have a reputation for the best salt water taffy or blueberry jam? If you are going with all edibles find out what is unique for the area. Many items come in small sizes so they would fit into the box. NancyLouise

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 7:15AM
shopmysongs

How about something with you name, wedding date & info on the bridal party. I know on different websites they offer all sorts of imprinted items. We received a candy bar with bride & groom's name & date on front then on the back it has for ingredients the bridal party. Since you already have a candy bar order something else with your wedding info. Also, I've seen people give cd's with their favorite songs. You can burn & print them yourself.

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 10:25AM
gellchom

I agree with nancylouise -- something that is special to your area. Around here, central Ohio, it would be "buckeye" candy; in Green Bay, it could be dried cranberries or cheese; in the southwest, a local salsa -- you get the idea. My cousin in Atlanta gave everyone a little bag of grits! He said, "Just call it polenta."

Fruit is nice and appreciated by dieters.

Maps are good, especially one you prepare yourself showing key venues, one-way streets, and parking, but I'd only include the info on local attractions if they will have a lot of free time to fill. They came to see YOU and each other, not the zoo.

Maybe reconsider the bottled water? I have been happy to read that it's going out of style, for good environmental reasons. Its ecological costs are staggering, and that's why restaurants in SF and NYC are stopping serving it.

Be sure to include a note welcoming them and giving schedules, venues with addresses, and phone numbers they might need.

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 10:35AM
naughtykitty

Everything I was going to mention is said above:

Map
Contact list
things to do list
Camera (maybe..now-a-days everyone has a digital)
Maybe gum or mints?

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 11:33AM
Louise54

Thank you so much to all of you for some great ideas! I hadn't mentioned, but we were going to include a map of the area, a little thank-you-for-coming note, a recap of the itinerary and contact numbers. We just went to a wedding where many of the same guests were also in attendance, and they did the "local" favorites, so we were trying to avoid duplicating. I'm sure with all of these suggestions we'll be able to finish up the box.
THanks again for all of your help.
Louise

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 1:04PM
talley_sue_nyc

you could also just stop at that--no real need to add anything else, particularly. Round down, not up.

Bookmark   August 7, 2007 at 2:29PM
jennmonkey

I just got back from my friend's wedding, which was a weekend up in the mountains on a lake. I helped her make "welcome bags" and we included:

*2 bottles of water
*2 bags of almonds
*2 granola bars
*caffinated breath mints
*little package of bug-spray wipes
*little bottle of sunscreen
*printouts with a schedule of wedding related activities and things to do around the area during free time (shopping, hiking, hotsprings, etc.).

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 1:33PM
Louise54

Thanks Jennmonkey! I think that the breath mints will do the trick. We just had a small space left in the box, and they should fit perfectly. Thanks again for everyone's help!
Louise

Bookmark   August 9, 2007 at 3:55PM
More Discussions
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
Thinking of Eloping...
Life story, shortened. I am engaged to the best friend...
lauraeli_
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
small wedding dilemma
My daughter and her fiancee have just gotten engaged...
Kathy Harrington
Sponsored Products
Pink Blossom Two-Piece Reusable Sandwich Bag Set
$12.99 | zulily
Navy Bellissimo Hotel Stripe Sheet Set
$24.99 | zulily
Decorative Wall Mounted Magazine Holder
TheBathOutlet
American Flag Tournament Cornhole Set - 701
$180.96 | Hayneedle
Courtly Check Cosmetic Bag
$180.00 | Horchow