garden glob WIP
It was SUPPOSED to be a Garden GlobE, but...we'll see in a week or so!
I used a glass globe that goes over a ceiling light. I wanted to make it lighter than straight concrete, so I added styrofoam peanuts in layers, sort of. I smeared vaseline all over the inside, then added a bit of concrete, then peanuts and kind of worked them into the concrete, kept doing that in layers.
The size in relation to my (dirty!) foot, about 10" diameter:
THEN the disaster. As I was patting the sides to get it all to settle, I must have hit my ring against it too hard and it split all over the place. DH was nearby so I had him grab a bucket and plastic bag, and I gathered it all up and tied it together at the top. I figured, What's to lose...It'll be interesting to unveil when it's cured!
What it looks like right now: