Medicine cabinet face lift

mermaidmosaicsJune 30, 2008

We're painting our bathroom, which led to me deciding to tile a small backsplash for the sink, which got me buying a bunch of fantastic GLOW IN THE DARK tile from Maryland mosaics. You all gota get some, if you turn out the lights at n ight the tile glows, and is baby blue in the daytime...

so, to the rest of the story. Then as i was checking out all of the great tile Kathy has at Maryland mosaics I saw the Paua ceramic offcuts and had to have some.

the backsplash is yet to get ready, but I just had to give teh boring old wood medicine cabinet a facelift with the papua tiles and the glitter ones. .

Black grout is so messy. any body have any good ideas for keeping that stuff of the back of your work??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daisyme

Wow, that's just pretty as can be...and it GLOWS IN THE DARK. How cool is THAT?

Bookmark   June 30, 2008 at 7:14PM
curbdiver1954

CUTE! Love the idea and may try to modify it to fit ours...50+ yr old houses have those nasty old metal ones. Thanx for the idea!

Pat

Bookmark   June 30, 2008 at 9:59PM
cindiloo

Oooo, that turned out so pretty! I agree about black grout being messy, I have no tips about using it....maybe tape off what you don't want grouted first. Looking forward to seeing the glow-in-the-dark backsplash!

Bookmark   July 1, 2008 at 2:36AM
stjohnsgypsy

Lovely!

Bookmark   July 1, 2008 at 7:11AM
nicethyme

Thats very pretty!!!! nice arrangement Mermaid. Use painters tape to mask

Bookmark   July 1, 2008 at 7:33AM
texaswild

Well, how pretty is THAT???!!! Hey, you know you can even put things inside and on the mirror also. NT did a famous mirror, just leaving a portion of the mirror free. Way to go, girlie.

Bookmark   July 1, 2008 at 7:50AM
mermaidmosaics

Thanks, Slow,mm. I have yet to try a GOG but mayyyyyyybbbbbbbbeeeee I could do a little test drive here, and around the mirror HMMMMMMMnnnnnnnn I'm thinking.......

Pat, isn't it fun how we see other designs and that gives us ideas of stuff we can do?? i have so many project ideas and just not enough time..
NT i used painters tape around the mirror when i was grouting but didn't think to try it all around to keep the nasty charcol from bleeding all over, even if it does eventually come off, well on most things..
Bought some new this weekend and that stuff is gold it is so expensive

Cindi, Gyspy andDaisy, yea i am really anxious to try the glow in the dark backsplash.. I LOVE That stuff. Hope i got everyone.

Bookmark   July 1, 2008 at 10:38AM
texasfern

Wow! That is very nice!

Bookmark   July 2, 2008 at 4:49PM
lovemosaics

lovely idea! hope i can create like that again. inspires me so much.

Bookmark   July 4, 2008 at 5:28AM
More Discussions
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™