favors

Becky_HAugust 26, 2004

Does anyone have ideas for favors to give as gifts at a wedding that are not expensive and different at the same time?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sherrie_Lynn

I did way too many favors for our wedding, but I saw so many cute things that I just got carried away! However, I did one favor that the women really liked. I found small lace cone shaped bags and filled them with raspberry potpouri, placing them at each place setting. (Just so happens our cake was a Raspberry Cheesecake and the punch was a raspberry sherbert) Of course I made way too many and still have them in all my drawers to scent them. It will be three years next week and they still smell very nicely! ALso, I found the little bags at a store that was going out of business so they were very inexpensive. One large bag of potpouri filled about 50 bags. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   August 26, 2004 at 5:55PM
dian57

We're (notice I'm including myself in this--because I'm doing half the work) giving custom candles with the bride and groom's name and wedding date on it in clear glass votive cups with white hearts on the front.

You can make the candles by using tissue paper, your printer and an embossing gun--nearly free, really. And everyone is always impressed because they're customized. If you want detailed instructions, email me.

Bookmark   August 29, 2004 at 8:34PM
alicia67

I think food favors are the best!

Bookmark   August 30, 2004 at 8:57AM
juliet2003

For my wedding we are doing chocolate bars. They are very cheap and easy. I have a mold that says "Thank you for sharing our joy". There are 4 bars on one mold. You would need to buy the chocolate and melt it down. Very easy, cheap and yummy!!

Bookmark   August 30, 2004 at 11:24AM
WendysCritters

Juliet2003.... can you share where you found the mold?
TIA

Bookmark   August 30, 2004 at 12:19PM
juliet2003

Sure, here is the website http://www.candylandcrafts.com/candy-soap_molds.htm
They have a huge selection and it isn't very expensive. I ordered 2 sheets of the thank you bars (4 molds on each) and it only came to about $6.00. And they were very fast on the delivery. I am almost finished with them, they are easy to do. I would highly recommend doing the chocolate bars. I did some white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate to have some at each table.

Bookmark   August 31, 2004 at 10:40AM
WendysCritters

Thank you Juliet2003!!! That is a great site, there are several molds that would be fitting for our kidÂs wedding!

My DS and future DIL are getting married in a rustic former tavern. It has a beautiful garden and reception room, but the tavern is still present. So for the favors, we have been collecting various glassware (wine glasses, beer mugs, etc.). The guest will be able to keep their glass as a favor, but we would like to add something to it. A chocolate lollipop will be perfect!

Thanks again!

~Wendy

Bookmark   August 31, 2004 at 11:17AM
More Discussions
Great wedding ideas!
My son's wedding is finally over! It was wonderful!...
granny2ricky
I'm a bridesmaid and the bride is angry with me. Help!
Recently, I told the bride I could not go on her bachlorette...
excyntric
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
Shower for out of town bride
I am the mother of the bride. My daughter has moved...
tarpon
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
Sponsored Products
Tiffany Style Traditonal Stained Glass Shade Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle
Lite Source Dantel Modern Black LED Desk Lamp
$65.00 | Lamps Plus
Moby's Flight Art Print
$26.99 | Dot & Bo
Artek | Armchair 406
YLiving.com
BL6 Wall Pendant
Design Within Reach