Wedding Party Apparel

teshAugust 13, 2006

I am getting married in November, and while I was looking for wedding decoration ideas, I came across different websites talking about wedding party apparel. Here is an example of what I am talking about: - http://www.jodeesgiftshop.com/wedding.htm - . Why would anyone need wedding party apparel? Should I consider spending the money on such a thing?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

Some people actually buy this sort of thing. Usually a mom buys a shirt or hat for her daughter or a bride might buy shirts or hats for all of the wedding party to wear to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. They are cutsie things, but totally unnecessary.

Bookmark   August 13, 2006 at 6:30PM
susanjf_gw

if you had an unlimited budget and parents who'd wear a tee with mother/father of the bride, tees, lol...this mom wouldn't...

Bookmark   August 29, 2006 at 4:44PM
gellchom

When do they expect people to wear these things? Certainly only at a wedding-related event, but if you were an attendant or relative, or for that matter even as the bride or groom, would you really want to wear one of these shirts to a shower or rehearsal dinner instead of an outfit of your own choosing? They wouldn't look too weird at, say, a bachelorette party, but they are certainly not necessary. I'd still rather wear my own clothes -- even my own t-shirt -- thanks.

Those shirts cost $22 each. I'm sure you can think of better ways to use that money!

People will sell you anything, and try to make you think you "must" have it, to make a buck. In all the details that have to be arranged for a wedding, it's hard to keep it all straight.

Bookmark   August 31, 2006 at 4:33PM
lindac

They are in the same category as a pen with an ostrich plume for the guest book, imprinted plastic glasses for wine and champagne, specially imprinted disposable cameras etc.
Linda C

Bookmark   September 1, 2006 at 11:48AM
More Discussions
Wedding Gift For Parents
I want to give something special to my parents on their...
sachishah
His/her point of view
DH and I went to his niece's wedding last Sat. and...
scarlett2001
Older Couple, First Marriage
I have some friends who will be getting married within...
suzieque
My wedding date is set now what?
Help! IÂm getting married next August and I donÂt...
alex23
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
Sponsored Products
Godinger Hanover Copper 3 qt. Baker - 96601
$61.71 | Hayneedle
Ravens Contemporary Twin over Futon Bunk Bed with Futon Mattress - IDF-BK1034-AG
$539.99 | Hayneedle
Dear, Hand me that Bottle Opener
| Dot & Bo
Rosalicious Collar
$89.50 | FRONTGATE
Good Directions Outdoor Fire Pits 34 in. Medium Full Moon Party Complete
Home Depot
NBA Denver Nuggets Rectangular: 5 ft. x 8 ft. Rug
$264.95 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™