coloring cement

bevinpaJune 17, 2008

Can anyone tell me where you buy the color additive for stepping stones. I know you can use paint but I think you would get truer color with the additive. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks bevinpa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicethyme

Bev, I just replenished my colorant selection from Maryland Mosaics. I originally bought the whole set at Delphi

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 7:24AM
texaswild

I also bought the colorants from Delphi, but won't be doing that again cuz I won't ever use most of the colors. I recently bought a bottle of charcoal liquid cement colorant from Lowes. It's Quickcrete brand and is a 10-oz bottle. Haven't tried it yet. They had three/four other colors - terra cotta, beige and ???? Google for colorants, BEV, cuz there's several options, Tints All being one of them. There are several sites w/grout colorants, which, I'm sure, w/work in cement.

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 8:43AM
bevinpa

Thanks so much will check these out, you gals always come through. bevinpa

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 11:03AM
mermaidmosaics

Bev, I bought some of the colorants on Ebay when I was just starting out, so you might want to check there too.

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 3:12PM
ladyronnie

Hi Bev. I have heard or read somewhere, on GW I think actually, that TINTSALL is the only brand that won't fade over time. I found I could order it from the local True Valu store, though I haven't done so.

Bookmark   June 21, 2008 at 8:39PM
texaswild

I believe I was the one who posted that note re the TintsAll. A mosaic artist told me that. Here's the link.
TintAll

Bookmark   June 22, 2008 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
please help!!!!
hi! im trying to get into working with glass and i...
fpc3
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Black Kinky Boots
something else for my girly 1/2 guest bathroom....
brokenbitmosaics
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™