I need help!

alexwoodardFebruary 8, 2006

i'm building a new home on the ocean in southern california and i'm trying to decide between pella architect series, pozzi, andersen 400 series and marvin (seems to be a great window w/ the best quality, but pricey). has anyone had any experiences positive or negative enough with these brands to let me know? i've done a ton of research, but it's overwhelming...

pozzi's price point is the best and my gut says it's a good choice... and i've read alot on this forum about rough experiences with pella. andersen is vinyl-clad, and a dark color will fade in the sun here... i will have coastal finishes on whatever i get, and the pozzi warranty is tough to beat at 20 years interior/exterior.

any help is much appreciated!

alex

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lowellches

Given that you are in CA, aybe you should also consider Anlin. They are a CA oriented product. I have no idea how they compare in price to those you are considering.

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 9:10PM
tylerdj

I'm also looking for windows, in Southern Cal, but 15 miles inland. I've got a quote on pella and on T.M. Cobb, and am very frustrated b/c builder is pushing for a decision and I don't know how to choose. Have you heard anything more on Pella, Pozzi or other windows that helped you make your decision? Have you heard of TM Cobb windows? I saw they had been sued in 2002 for defective windows

Bookmark   February 27, 2006 at 9:09PM
john_gardenweb_com

DO NOT use these guys---they are super expensive and get angry and physical if you dont sign their contract--they are the worst company I have ever dealt with---their guys assaulted me and my wife and threatened to lien my home if I did not pay their extra charges. Use them at your own peril---it is not worth it.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Gigantic skylight needs replacing
A windstorm wisked away the living room skylight in...
coolbeansw
Whistling in windows with big gusts
Hello, I had new Okna 500s installed this past spring...
sgilliatt
Lockheed, Certainteed Bryn Mawr III, or Alliance
Wondering which is the better new construction vinyl...
16cassie
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
Pella Slider
We have a Pella slider that was installed in early...
hopesprings_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™