I need help!

alexwoodardFebruary 8, 2006

i'm building a new home on the ocean in southern california and i'm trying to decide between pella architect series, pozzi, andersen 400 series and marvin (seems to be a great window w/ the best quality, but pricey). has anyone had any experiences positive or negative enough with these brands to let me know? i've done a ton of research, but it's overwhelming...

pozzi's price point is the best and my gut says it's a good choice... and i've read alot on this forum about rough experiences with pella. andersen is vinyl-clad, and a dark color will fade in the sun here... i will have coastal finishes on whatever i get, and the pozzi warranty is tough to beat at 20 years interior/exterior.

any help is much appreciated!

alex

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lowellches

Given that you are in CA, aybe you should also consider Anlin. They are a CA oriented product. I have no idea how they compare in price to those you are considering.

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 9:10PM
tylerdj

I'm also looking for windows, in Southern Cal, but 15 miles inland. I've got a quote on pella and on T.M. Cobb, and am very frustrated b/c builder is pushing for a decision and I don't know how to choose. Have you heard anything more on Pella, Pozzi or other windows that helped you make your decision? Have you heard of TM Cobb windows? I saw they had been sued in 2002 for defective windows

Bookmark   February 27, 2006 at 9:09PM
john_gardenweb_com

DO NOT use these guys---they are super expensive and get angry and physical if you dont sign their contract--they are the worst company I have ever dealt with---their guys assaulted me and my wife and threatened to lien my home if I did not pay their extra charges. Use them at your own peril---it is not worth it.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
Need to keep sun out of old Anderson bay window
This may well be the wrong place and I apologize. ...
quimoi
Remove window film immediately?
My contractor has been installing my new Anderson Woodwright...
keys
pulley and weight window stuck open
I cannot get it closed even though I basically hang...
Cynna622
Sunrise, Marvin, and window shopping woes
Hello, I am looking for some advice. Briefly, we live...
Summer
Any opinions on Hurd H3?
I know Hurd is not well-regarded here on GW but the...
song_ca
Sponsored Products
Granite Countertop Rejuvenator
$15.50 | FRONTGATE
Slamp | Ceremony Chandelier
YLighting
Metal Bathroom Rack
$44.99 | Dot & Bo
Tiramisu - NA
$65.00 | Horchow
Dream Form Fresh 3-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Overstock.com