did everyone miss me?

morrisonsMYmuseJuly 21, 2004

hey, i know i haven't been here in about three months but everything has been so hectic this summer that i have barely had time to breathe....but i'm back and i need everyone's help once again....

we have about a hundred guests comming in september for our wedding and we have nowhere to put them. most of my family lives within driving distance but all of his family is flying down for the wedding. we live in a small town and there aren't many hotels around. we do have a nice resort nearby but it costs about two hundred dollars a night to stay there so i don't think that anyone has the money for that. there was a new hotel recently built in the next town over and i think it looks nice (i haven't been there to check it out yet) but my fiance dosen't agree with me and thinks that we should find some other place for them to stay.... i'm trying to be patient with him and compromise but things are getting difficult. i think we should just go ahead and book a block of rooms at the new hotel but he thinks we should keep looking and i know we're not going to find anything else that's affordable.....any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joann23456

Yes. Put him in charge of making the reservations. Then let him handle that while you move on to something else.

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 11:28PM
gellchom

Bingo.

You might reserve the rooms at the new hotel in the meantime while he is looking, just in case. You don't have to lie to him about it; just point out that you made sure you can cancel them and will do so just as soon as he finds something better.
Did you mean you have 100 guests total, or 100 who will need hotel rooms?

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 11:39PM
morrisonsMYmuse

we need one hundred who will need rooms but that includes children...husbands, wives, etc... so we only need to reserve about thirty rooms...

Bookmark   July 22, 2004 at 4:31PM
AutumnBride

I recommend putting him in charge of finding the rooms - it is his family and he didn't think that your solution would work for the guests. I would definitely tell him that you will book the new hotel "just in case". Hopefully, he will find something that suits him, if not you have the back up.

Bookmark   July 22, 2004 at 5:44PM
More Discussions
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
Wedding Gift For Parents
I want to give something special to my parents on their...
sachishah
Why is my dil so cruel??
I would like a wedding coordinators opinion - is the...
Serenitynot
Wedding Poem
I need a poem from the mother of the bride to the mother...
LeAnn55
Las Vegas Wedding
Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy...
secondtimebride
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™