Is or has anyone planned anything as a surprise for FI at wedding

lynbornmanJuly 20, 2004

I would love to surprise my fiance with something special big or small doesn't matter, but something that he does not know about and will be a good memory for him. He is very involved in our wedding planning (just as much if not more than me). So he is quite aware of everything at this point. Any suggestions for some kind of special surprise or romantic notion?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OshkoshBride

Here is an idea that I might be using. The lady who will be doing our pictures told me about this...and will do it for me...After I have my hair trial I will get into my dress and she will take some portrait pictures that we will then frame and at the reception I will give to my new husband. At first I thought it was kinda cheesy, but after talking it over with friends and family they all think it is a sweet idea. And then I get to wear my dress more than once!

Bookmark   July 20, 2004 at 10:02PM
joann23456

Can you sing?

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 12:18AM
anita9

I had his wedding band engraved. He loved it. Best $7 I ever spent.

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 1:18PM
Snapdragon

My husband had a song dedicated to me at our reception. I thought it was very romantic. The dj handed him the mic to make the dedication himself. It was so sweet!

If you and your fiance have a special song or something you'd like to say to him, that's a great time! And he's sure to remember it!

My husband got the cd and slipped it to the dj during the reception without my knowing and hubby was very involved in all our wedding plans, but I never suspected a thing!

If you aren't having a dj, you could ask someone to slip that song into your music at some point.

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 1:51PM
AutumnBride

Here are some surprises I have seen/heard of/done:

- Bagpipes at the wedding (husband is part scottish, so it was a nod to his family)
- Cigar Bar at reception (husband loves cigars and he participated with the guests)
- Ice Martini bar (bar carved out of ice and served his favorite drink)
- Surprise guest (a close friend or family member that groom didn't think could come to celebration showed up as a surprise)
- A surprise groom's cake representing his hobbies
- Having a snack brought to your wedding night suite/room of his favorite treats for after the reception
- A gift given to him right before the ceremony with a nice card expressing how you are looking forward to getting married to him - cufflinks, watch, tie, pen, etc.

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 4:16PM
duckie

You could write him a poem about why you married him or what you hope your future will be like.

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 4:33PM
betsaida

Since we are getting married in my country and no family or friends can make the trip..all his friends got together and made a video wishing him well. I am going to play it during the reception.

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 7:53PM
lynbornman

These ideas are excellent! Thanks so much. I have a lot to think about now. I was quite stumped.

Bookmark   July 22, 2004 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
My wedding date is set now what?
Help! IÂm getting married next August and I donÂt...
alex23
Thinking of Eloping...
Life story, shortened. I am engaged to the best friend...
lauraeli_
Awkward Wedding Situation - Please help!
My stepdaughter is getting married in a couple months....
Karen10125
His/her point of view
DH and I went to his niece's wedding last Sat. and...
scarlett2001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™