Provia entry doors

pankhiFebruary 5, 2009

Hello,

I have had several installers give me estimates for my homeÂs 2 entry doors. All of the installers who recommended Provia, preferred the Provia steel door over the Provia fiberglass door. I have read about the general advantages of a steel vs. fiberglass door. Why are the installers recommending a steel door over a fiberglass door -seems to me the fiberglass is better because it won't dent, rust, or need maintenance (steel will need some caring). Additionally, some of the installers said that the fiberglass Provia door isn't great and that if I want a fiberglass door I should go with another brand. Is there such a big difference between the Provia steel and Provia fiberglass door? I want a blue colored door so the wood grain advantage of fiberglass is not an issue for me. Regarding the weather the doors have to deal with, I live in the Washington D.C. area. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
windowsonwashington

I have used them with success. I am not sure why your installers do not like them but it only takes one bad experience to ruin an installers opinion of a product.

The two most regularly used doors are Provia/Precision and Therma-Tru. If you go with either one of those, you can't really go wrong.

Bookmark   February 5, 2009 at 9:44PM
pankhi

Thank you windowsonwashington for your reply.

Bookmark   February 9, 2009 at 11:45PM
windowtech

My company sells Provia and our installers tell me they love the fiberglass doors. Something must have happened along the line to make them feel that way but from everything I've heard they are great doors- both fiberglass and steel.

Bookmark   February 11, 2009 at 5:09PM
More Discussions
Best garden window?
I am remodeling our galley kitchen. It's small and...
shadey
Simonton 5500 v. Soft-Lite Pro (replacement and new )
Hi, We are remodeling our house in Washington DC. We...
amy2905
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
lisa_a
new construction vs "replacement" windows
I am somewhat confused from reading various company...
mmdoh
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
buildinse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™