Color dilema!

ali82flaJuly 4, 2005

I am wearing an ivory dress, does this mean my linens and chair covers can't be white b/c I heard it will make my dress look like it's dirty! If so, what accents go with ivory linens? And, can the groomsmen wear white shirts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dian57

At my son's recent wedding, the table linens were ivory with colored napkins. My DIL wore an ivory gown and her veil was white. My son's tuxedo shirt, tie and vest were white. Everything was beautiful, nothing looks dirty or dingy. Are you considering an ivory veil?

Bookmark   July 5, 2005 at 6:05AM
gellchom

No problem at all to mix ivory and white. It will all look great, and nothing will look dingy. Just cross this one off your list of worries!

Bookmark   July 5, 2005 at 12:19PM
mary_md7

I don't think they'll make your dress look dirty. People said the same thing to me about my ivory dress and DH's white shirt, but we looked fine together. Personally, I prefer linens other than white--ours were celadon.

Bookmark   July 5, 2005 at 1:28PM
scarlett2001

I like ivory with gold - very smart.

Bookmark   July 5, 2005 at 4:00PM
sheilajoyce_gw

DD is wearing ivory. We could have had ivory linens, but we like the white instead. It will work just fine.

Bookmark   July 13, 2005 at 4:02PM
sweet_pea10

Some brides actually choose white and ivory or cream as their wedding colors. I just met with a bride who is using white tablecloths and white chair covers with ivor sashes. Her flowers will be cream and she is using ivory/cream candles for her centerpieces.

Bookmark   July 17, 2005 at 11:27PM
gellchom

I thought of you when I was at a bridal shower today. The bride received a sugar bowl in her china pattern. The china is both cream and white, so I took a close look, and it is GORGEOUS. Not just okay, but a really wonderful combination -- in fact, I think an all white-and-cream wedding would be amazing.

Bookmark   August 7, 2005 at 9:28PM
More Discussions
Only one not invited to wedding
A couple at my church that I thought were my friends...
jashley
My wedding date is set now what?
Help! IÂm getting married next August and I donÂt...
alex23
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
small wedding dilemma
My daughter and her fiancee have just gotten engaged...
Kathy Harrington
Mother of the Groom dress
Our son will be getting married August 2, outdoors. I...
sidnee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™