reception ideas

mikgardenJuly 1, 2005

Hello,

First, thank you very much for the thoughtful responses to my first post.

We live in New York city and are thinking about a dinner cruise around Manhattan for a reception of 50 (probably less). Has anyone done this or something similar?

We want something different from the banquet hall type of reception, without dancing.

Has anyone had a reception in the private room of a restaurant that is not far from New York city?

I would love to hear your experiences, ideas and suggestions.

Thanks a lot.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

I haven't had a dinner cruise, but I love the idea. It will be unique and create great memories for your guests.

Bookmark   July 2, 2005 at 6:36PM
sheilajoyce_gw

I have been to a wedding reception dinner that cruised Newport Beach, California, harbor for 4 hours. I liked it so much that I recommended it to a friend for her daughter's Bat Mitzvah. In August our daughter is getting married, and since so many guests are from out of town, the groom's parents are doing the rehearsal dinner cruising Newport Beach Harbor in John Wayne's Wild Goose. My friend's daughter had her Bat Mitzvah over 4 years ago, and her family and friends are still talking about the delightful cruise.

Bookmark   July 3, 2005 at 2:06AM
scarlett2001

My company took the Newport Beach cruise as our office party and it was just great. Here are a few things that came up, though- how would you provide for late comers or those who have to leave early? Will the ship cruise in waters that are not choppy- you don't want seasick people who cannot get off the ship for four hours. Will you have kids there? The whole ship thing changes if there are kids on board.

On the plus side- we didn't have to worry about people driving home after too many drinks- they simply stopped serving alcohol at a certain point. We were able to cruise inside a breakwater, so no motion at all to make people seasick. And it was wonderfully romantic!

Bookmark   July 5, 2005 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
Awkward Wedding Situation - Please help!
My stepdaughter is getting married in a couple months....
Karen10125
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
Older Couple, First Marriage
I have some friends who will be getting married within...
suzieque
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™