Bridal Shower

RazzyrazJuly 25, 2012

I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding and in charge of organizing the bridal shower. I really have no experience in organizing parties so I really need your help!! I hear a lot of people are doing spa parties for different occasions where they provide bathrobes and slippers for the attendees and do manicure/pedicures. What do you think of doing a spa bridal shower? Any and all ideas are welcome. Thank you!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana

What do you think of doing a spa bridal shower?
Are you footing the bill for all of it? I'd hope so!

Even if everything was paid for, I sure wouldn't be attending...just not my cup of tea. If you were paying for and just including the brides close young friends, they might like it...but not like it if they themselves have to cover spa fees!

I really have no experience in organizing parties so I really need your help!!
Are you the only hostess? Will there be others helping you with putting it all together as well as the costs?

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 3:04PM
mary_c_gw

That sounds like more of a "bachelorette party" than a bridal shower. It's something one would do with just the bride and bridesmaids. It would also be something the whole wedding party would chip in to pay for, with bride being the guest.

A "shower", by definition, is a party for all the bride's friends and is intended to shower the new bride with gifts. Often mothers of bride and groom are included, as well as close older relatives.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 5:23PM
camlan

Agree with mary c that a spa day sounds more like a bachelorette party than a shower.

Do you know the bride's mother? Can you contact her? She might be a good source of information as to what type of shower is typical in her family, or in her area. And she can help you put together the guest list.

One thing you should do first is figure out how much money you can spend. Are the other bridesmaids going to be helping out? Ask them how much money they are willing to contribute.

Now you know what your budget is. The bride and her mother may want certain things at the bridal shower, but if you can't afford them, you do not have to have them.

Showers vary so much around the US. In some areas, they are small and held in someone's home and cake and punch are served. Elsewhere, they are large, like 80 or 90 people, and held at a restaurant or hall.

Start with a firm budget. Get ideas from the other bridesmaids. Make your plans to fit your budget.

Another thing to consider--is this going to be her only shower, or will anyone else be giving her one? Some brides end up with a work shower, a friend shower and a family shower. If there are multiple showers, only the MOB and MOG and the bridesmaids should get multiple invites (and the bridesmaids only have to give a present at one shower).

When you are looking at your budget, also consider the other wedding costs you are going to have: dress, shoes, accessories, hair/makeup if the bride wants those, dress for the rehearsal dinner, travel, hotel, wedding present, bachelorette party. It all adds up, so don't spend all your money on just one part of the whole shebang.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
Shouldn't Parents Get a Thank You Note?
I'm wondering why I'm even asking this, but times have...
Karen10125
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
Greek wedding
Hi, My son is marrying into a wonderful, large, very...
robins143
What to get for a wedding gift !!!
I have been invited to a wedding.The girl that is getting...
diana55
Sponsored Products
MTI MTSB-4834 Shower Base (47.5" x 33.5")
Modern Bathroom
Squared Ultrathin Shower Head Made in Chrome
TheBathOutlet
Shower Set with Single Lever Mixer, Diverter, Hand Shower, and Brass Column with
TheBathOutlet
Premium Monogrammed Stemwrap Coasters - Set of 50
$39.50 | FRONTGATE
Clawfoot Tub Faucets Brass Clawfoot Tub Faucet Tele Shower Deck
The Renovator's Supply, Inc.
Charlotte Shower Head with Adjustable Arm
Signature Hardware
Madison Park Trinity Shower Curtain
$24.99 | zulily
Coastal Shower Doors Shower Enclosures Paragon Series 34 in. x 82 in.
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™