Say Yes to the Dress

babywearerJuly 10, 2008

How do u guys go abouts finding a wedding dress? Just go around your city and check out the different wedding gown stores?

Have you guys seen that show called 'Say Yes to the Dress' on TLC? About this bridal store helping women find their perfect dress, and all the hurdles they have to go through. It's interesting to see the different styles that we like in a wedding dress! If you guys are interested, it might help you with ideas!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
michelle_phxaz

Sweet pea, this is not spam. She is not advertising her product. She is simply asking how to go about buying a dress.

Look through tons of dress websites, decide on a style you really like, then hit the stores. It took about a month of shopping before I found my dream dress. It was a sample that fit like a glove, no alterations were necessary (except to cut the train off, I wanted a sweep, not a cathedral) and the dress was $200. I was prepared to spend more, but I found the right one.

Good luck in your search, and have fun shopping!

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 7:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

I started by trying on regular party dresses, and looking at necklines I thought were flattering, or bows, or sleeves, etc.

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 11:14AM
More Discussions
Las Vegas Wedding
Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy...
secondtimebride
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
Thinking of Eloping...
Life story, shortened. I am engaged to the best friend...
lauraeli_
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™