Thank you's - for those already married

sionnanriverJuly 14, 2006

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get the thank you's sent out?

I had a small wedding and it was important to thank everyone right away. I'd say I had them all sent in a month or less.

DH's brother and wife have taken a year and still haven't sent any out. I'm turning blue from holding my breath in anticipation. Haha! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

I wrote them immediately when gifts came in before the wedding. As it got close to the wedding (and after showers) and they started to pile up, I'd try to do 10 each day plus the number of gifts received that day. It felt much better not to get too far behind. After the wedding, I did at least 10 per day, so they were finished soon, definitely well within a month. And we were plenty busy; we moved to a new city and my husband started a new job (and I started a job search) immediately after the honeymoon.

I agree with you that it is a top priority to get them out as fast as possible. A delay of several months is rude, because it shows lack of enthusiasm for showing gratitude. And it is much pleasanter to do them fast; none of that nagging feeling of a put-off job.

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 6:29PM
socks

I got mine out promptly after the honeymoon. This is not a task to procrastinate about one bit, and to fail is very bad manners. We attended a wedding recently, gifted two china platters, got no note. I hate to ask, and I hate to not ask. I wonder if they were stolen at the wedding.

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 11:38PM
sweet_pea10

Unfortunately, what your brother and his wife have done is becoming all too common today. To me, not sending a thank you note indicates that the bride and groom feel that it was their right to receive a gift and no thought is given to the giver and the time that they spent in shopping, wrapping, etc., much less attending the wedding. A thank you is a very small way to show consideration for others.

Bookmark   July 15, 2006 at 12:46PM
Meghane

About a month after the honeymoon for a wedding of 125 guests, handwritten and actually signed by each of us.

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
Why is my dil so cruel??
I would like a wedding coordinators opinion - is the...
Serenitynot
My wedding date is set now what?
Help! IÂm getting married next August and I donÂt...
alex23
Shower for out of town bride
I am the mother of the bride. My daughter has moved...
tarpon
small wedding dilemma
My daughter and her fiancee have just gotten engaged...
Kathy Harrington
Sponsored Products
Quoizel 'Cody' 1-light Mini-pendant
Overstock.com
Luum Pendant
Lightology
Personalized Pet Bowl Holder - D
$250.00 | Horchow
Purdue University Lamp Shade 13.5x13.5x10 (Spider)
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
Edge Drafting Chair in Gray
$179.00 | LexMod
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™