Registering Gifts

byrdseayJuly 4, 2004

Daughter's wedding is this weekend. Does anyone have any ideas for registering the gifts or any other last minutes words of wisdom. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

What do you mean by "registering the gifts?" Are you thinking of making a list of what is received from whom? If so, that occurs when the gifts are opened. I have not heard of registering gifts as they are received at the reception. Just be sure to have tape on hand to secure cards to gifts.

Also, plan on bringing a cardboard box wrapped in gift wrap and with a slit in the top to hold cards. If you use a basket or another open container, it is easy for wait staff or others to slip cards into their pocket. You want something that will be easy to spot if someone attempts to take it or get into it.

Bookmark   July 4, 2004 at 4:58PM
byrdseay

Thanks!

Bookmark   July 4, 2004 at 9:47PM
penny_sav

What I did to keep track of who gave us what:

-First of all, I wrote on the backs of all the cards we received, what the writer of the card gave us.

-Second, when mailing the invites, I had a list of who got an invite, and out to the right I wrote how many in their party where coming when they responded. In a different color ink, I wrote what gift they gave.
-Now, using the same list, as I write their thank you note, I am putting a check mark in the left hand margin.

It's working for me.What ever works best for the bride.
They also sell wedding keepsake books and there is plenty of space to write what you received as a gift and who the giver was. I have one of these (bought it at Michael's). Some day, when all of the craziness is over, I will update it.

Penny

Bookmark   July 6, 2004 at 8:44AM
AutumnBride

I made a spreadsheet with all of the names of the guests who were attending the wedding and reception. We had a few people tending to the gift table and they had pens and stickers. The spreadsheet had the names of the guests and the table that they were sitting at and another blank column. I had the gift table attendants take the pre-numbered stickers and place them on the package, then write the corresponding number next to the guest's name on the spreadsheet. It worked out well, because some cards did come off (even though they taped them on) and the gifts still had the little stickers on them.

Bookmark   July 8, 2004 at 5:23PM
More Discussions
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
small wedding dilemma
My daughter and her fiancee have just gotten engaged...
Kathy Harrington
Wedding Poem
I need a poem from the mother of the bride to the mother...
LeAnn55
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
Sponsored Products
Set of Four Starfish Napkin Rings
$239.00 | FRONTGATE
Elk Lighting 3H in. Scroll Top Keep Sake Boxes - Set of 2 - 93-10071/S2
$64.00 | Hayneedle
'To the Moon and Back' Personalized 6x6 Glass Keepsake
$19.99 | zulily
Picnic Time Chairs Vanderbilt University Black Sports Chair with Digital Logo
$99.95 | Home Depot
Lismore Diamond Double Old-Fashioneds Set of 2
$100.00 | Horchow