Entry door - Therma Tru vs Masonite

lkgarn00February 18, 2013

Hello everyone.

We are at the point of picking out entry doors. Currently it is between the Therma-Tru and Masonite doors.

I have gone through many posts on this site and it appears that the Therma-Tru door is thought of to be better in quality than the Masonite. However, I like the Masonite door colors/glass better than what the Therma-Tru offers. The price difference between the two doors is about 1K

We are looking at the new Avant Guard finish that Masonite provides - and I understand that Therma Tru does not factory finish their doors. Does anyone have any experience with the quality of the Avant Guard finish? It certainly looked nice at the store.

We have not been able to visit the store that has the Provia doors -but I am thinking they will be out of our price range.

Any thoughts of the overall quality of the Avant Guard finish vs the Therma-Tru doors?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

In my opinion the quality of the Masonite is such that I would stay clear no matter what the finish.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 10:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HomeSealed

Thermatru does not finish their own doors, however the majority of vendors that sell them do have a factory finish available. The doors are generally finished and assembled by a third party distributor.
TT would be my choice of the two.
I would also definitely check out the options from Provia and HomeGuard. Very nice units, and the pricing is going to vary from dealer to dealer so you never know.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 12:17PM
More Discussions
And then there were 3 - new build window package quotes in - thoughts?
So we have final bids on the 3 options we are down...
dfb_jlw
Researching vinyl replacement windows
Hi, I live in northern NJ and would like to replace...
gosssamer
French Door Advice (looking for affordable alternative)
We are looking to replace a sliding door with a french...
state00
pulley and weight window stuck open
I cannot get it closed even though I basically hang...
Cynna622
Love my New Front Door, But It's Still Cold in Entryway
I have my new steel entry door installed with new sidelites....
sahmmy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™